Monday, August 27, 2012

If I were a.....

Teachers : A word cloud concept around the word Education with great terms such as degree, diploma, university, reading and more. Stock PhotoDuring my lower secondary schooldays (I think or primary schooldays....err...whatever..), I recall a teacher asking us to write an essay on "If I were....". English not being our first language, we tried our best to come up with the best narration we can think of. One can choose the be anything but you have to have a moral. At that time, I didn't know what "moral" was but I believe the teacher said something to the tone of "have a learning" for I don't think she used the word "moral"...hehehe...

A friend of mine wanted to be a 'cooker' i.e a chef! Yet another wanted to be "typewriter" aka typist. I can't recall who they were but I seriously doubt they are a cooker or typewriter now....seriously!
 Old Typewriters : old typewriterAt that point in time, I wanted to be a teacher, I think. Up until I was in Form 5, I wanted to be a teacher and I had always played 'teacher, teacher' with my 'kampong' friends during my younger days. FYI, I did supplement my income after school with some tutoring on English & Math, really! Albeit a short stint of about a year, I think. 
My aim to be a teacher was crushed as I did not fare well in my national language exam paper which was an entry prerequisite. My oversight to number my essay question cost me dearly. I repeated the subject and scored a credit the following year. But while I waited for the exam & then the result, I no longer wanted to be a teacher. WHY? What happened? Well...I am one always looking for challenges, and I don't think I would want to repeatedly teach the same subjects year in year out...it would be so darn boring and stale. And boy am I glad I did not become a teacher!
Having said that, as a sales leader I was often the coach, so I guess the 'teacher' in me never left. In retrospect, if I were a.....
  • TEACHER ~~~ my pupils (that was what we were called then...now it is student), would have difficulty finding me if I were to teach Primary 3 or 4.....we would be of similar height! Except for the clothing & appearance (Yes...I am 50 and proud of it so go eat your heart out!), you wouldn't know the difference! I will also have huge difficulty reaching for the black board! Hehehehe....
  • DENTIST ~~~ a special stool or chair or miniature stand is required or I would not be able to reach the patient's mouth. Alternatively, I can have tailored made low reclining chairs for my patients...hmmmm.... likewise I cannot be a surgeon for the same reasons....but I think I will do wonderful suturing as I was pretty good in cross-stitch and art...*snickering wickedly*
  •  Modern dental chairs in blue background Stock Photo - 13115538
  •  PILOT ~~~ had always fascinated me how a heavy loaded thing like that can fly. With so many gadgets in the plane, I would have trouble reaching out to them...luckily they have handbrakes and not leg brakes like Camry & some Mercedes, else...I doubt I can reach the pedals! Also, I will fail outright on their strict prerequisite requirements - height! (Duh, obviously!), eyesight (650 on both eyes...blind as a bat without my glasses), Physics ( now..what the heck is that??? LOL), etc. So what if I like to be chauffeured flown!!
  • ARCHITECT ~~~ the artistic flow in me with combination of Michelangelo (Italian, 1475 - 1564)
  •  The Creation of Adam   Antoni Gaudi (1852-1926, Spanish) and the likes of the architect who built St Basil's Cathedral in the Red Square...WOW....the world will not look the same ever again....
  • Credits to destination360.com
    Credits to lizardfeathers.blogspot.com
  •   CHEF ~~~ I dislike having to dice, cut, chop & blend food. So, not possible to be chef unless I bribe all levels to do all the menial stuffs for me. After all the bribing, am so broke therefore how to continue to pursue to be a chef? Even if I manage to be an executive chef, my sous chef, pastry chef and other chef will NEVER see eye-to-eye with me unless they are seated and me standing! Oh well....you get my drift.
  • Chef Hats : caricature of smiling chef with cake
  • TOUR GUIDE ~~~ LOVE traveling!!! So travel tour guide suits me just fine. Naaaahhh... With memory lapses these days, most likely I will tell my clients to 'google' for more info on certain historical places or even places of interest....hehehehehe...and if my clients are youngsters, most likely they will have to look after me instead!!! Hahahha...then I will be the guided guide!! Wooohoooo...
For those who don't know me and have been reading my recent blogs might think I have low self esteem as I seem to poke fun at myself all the time.....Well, if you think that way, then you are incorrect.

Frankly, I am full of confidence and so full of it I may seem cocky at times (hehehehe...). As Rocker57 always say "Have you ever been mellow" (referring to Olivia Newton John's song)... whatever it is I am definitely not bipolar! Crazy - YES! Nutty - YES! Eclectic - YES! Happy - YES! Blessed - YES! Bipolar - NO!!!

Well, enough said about me....how about u? If U were a .......

Com' on share your thoughts just so I know you enjoy reading my craps!! hehehehe.... Until next time...Be who you want to be, afterall...we only live once so waste not!

 
Note : Other photo credits to 123rf.com.

8 comments:

Philo Yan said...

My "what ifs" were as follows:
1. Librarian
I love to read books, novels to be exact. The thicker the better. So being a librarian surrounded by musty books was my idea of a dream job. What does a 17 year old know?

2. Teacher
Those days, being a teacher or a banker are prestigious jobs. Since my maths sucks, Teacher seemed to be the only choice.

3. Artist
No earning power. So had to put this aspiration on hold for 28 yrs but happy to say that I am now an Artist.

What is:

It's never too late to be what you really want to be.



sam said...

I wanted to be superhero...like superman, thor, spidey, etc. Can ar? Hehehehehe

Unknown said...

Philo ~ am happy for you that you are now an artist. Hmmm...Librarian and teacher...interesting :)

Unknown said...

Sam,
Sure u can, Mr X man! Can I fly with u?

sam said...

x men not yet born in the 1960s la..... i remember racer x....

Unknown said...

Sam,
U can be fantastic 4!!! Capt America, Hulk or the Green Hornet(Bruce Lee, leh)

cheekylaine said...

ever wanted to be a housewife like your mum?

Unknown said...

Cheekylaine ~~ Nope...my mom was a working mom :)