Monday, June 20, 2011

GOODBYE KAWA-BABE

Goodbye babe!!
Today, I pen my goodbye wishes to Kawa-babe as we'll be trading him for his bigger brother...TAaaaDAAAAaa the new Kawasaki Z1000SX this weekend!
Yaaaay!!!!!... it's great to ride on a new bike, but sigh - pockets very much lighter because its more expensive. More than twice Kawa-babe's price OTR!! And for just a few hundred cubic capacity more plus ABS! Well, well... what would I know, right? Yeaa...its a man thing.
Men! They rarely splurge on things but when they do.....KABOOOOM! Huuuuuuuge dent to the bank account!! (sob, sob...there goes my LV, Ferragamo, Gucci, Jimmy Choo's, etc ---hehehe..not that I'm an ardent collector, just lamenting....blah blah blah)
Before we finally part ways this weekend, Kawa-babe'll take us for his last tour of duty. We are off to Penang - Pearl of the Orient for a 3D/2N convoy with 40-50 other bikers. We, however will cut short our trip due to previous commitment.
In the past 13 months, Kawa-babe has taken us countless times to Seremban, thrice to Ipoh, twice to Melaka, once respectively on separate occasions to Port Dickson / Bukit Tinggi / Janda Baik/ Bentong/ Kuantan/ Kuala Kubu Baru / Cameron Highlands and around Klang Valley. Some are day trips while others are overnight(s) stay.
Kawa-babe has taken his master to more places than I can remember as Rocker57 rides almost every weekend! (pssst 98%!! Only doesn't ride when traveling overseas or in sickness). And these are all solo trips, while I stay at home battering my laptop - FaceBook, what else!!
Here's the first closed-up pix of Rocker57 on Kawa-babe (though he insists not to be featured) but I feel that Kawa-babe deserves a good sent off. This picture was taken 13 months ago when Kawa-babe first came home.
New owner will be very pleased because Rocker57 takes really good care of his beloved bike, second to only me!!! Hahahaha...Seriously, he treasures his bike and his rides. I've come to love riding over the past 13 months but still lazy to don all the apparels as they are bulky, heavy and very tight fitting (has to be tight fitting due to strong wind when riding plus mainly for safety reasons). But once I'm on it, I'm transported to my 'dream world'.
Goodbye Kawa-babe, thanks for the wonderful & memorable rides. We hope you'll find a good owner who'll take care of you as good as Rocker57. Adios, babe!

No comments: