Friday, August 10, 2012

My Bucket List

illustration of skull decorated with tatoo on white background Stock Photo - 12136631
When I die...I wanna die COOL.
(Picture above taken with compliments to www.123rf.com)

Generally, most men are afraid of death. I do too but I don't think too much of it because when you are 'wanted' it's your time to go and you have to leave. Have often shared with my colleagues & friends to go ahead & do what they need to do for "there is nothing to fear except death". I've lived by that rule. I also live life full & always stayed happy(most times). Am truly lucky and blessed that Rocker57 lets me do as I please (most of the time and that's also the reason why at 50 I am still nutty!!).


Abstract Colorful Background

I've witnessed quite a number of deaths in my lifetime. Some led good life while others not so good and yet others pathetic life. Whatever their life is, I always believe that they can change it if they just work at it and keep dreaming BIG. The son of a friend of mine said it so realistically "I don't blame myself for being born poor but I blame myself if I continue to be poor". He is working hard now to bring himself and his family out of their doldrums and from the manner he is working at it, he is already half way there eventhough he just started his 1st year in University. Now, that is what I call determination, persistency & consistency.

Rocker57 and I worked hard to where we are today. In comparison to many, we pale against them, yet to others we have 'gone ashore' as what the Cantonese would say for people who has made it. Whatever it is, I am not here to compare with anyone nor to brag about my life. Rocker57 and I often count our blessings with what we have accomplished today and are deeply pleased that we have come so far in many aspects. We have 'ticked off' many on our bucket list. In fact, I think we have to re-do a new list now that we have completed ours. Here's what I wish I can get to do before I am "wanted": (randomly)
  • Visit the USA (hopefully by next year for our 1 week ride across some part of US plus touring other places of interest. (eg Hawaii, Grand Canyon, NYC, LA, Miami, Texas & Las Vegas). Surprisingly, the USA was my ULTIMATE teenage dream yet I have been to many other places but not the US....strange but true. I would want to know more about the red Indians & perhaps stay in their reservation (if it still exists) and if possible in an authentic teepee tent. 
  •  
  • Niagara falls, Canada (since it is next to the USA). Fell in love with it's beauty after watching Superman.
  • Santorini and Athens, Greece. Love the architecture and the comeliness of it especially Santorini....simplicity, romantic and awesome sight all rolled in one. 
  • Moonrise over Santorini, Greece
  •  
  • Pyramids, Egypt. The mystical & enormity of it continues to baffle me.
  • Get to drive for a spin in a Ferrari or Lamborghini...to satisfy my love for speed. I hope my feet can reach the pedals!!
  • Bungee dive (with my adult diapers on, serious!). Something I want to do, scared to do but think I should do it or live to regret it. Hmmm....how queer.
  • 5 days Masai Mara game reserve in South Africa with my very own Masai / Zulu warrior protecting me while I sleep soundly (oink oink) in my tent. Rocker57 had his very own when he was there...now is my turn!! 
  • Rocker57 and his personal Masai Warrior outside their common tent
  • Live inside an igloo for a day! Also, to sledge with the huskies....
  • see Red Square; Moscow & St Petersburg and to drink real Russian vodka in Russia! Kan-pei, Yam Seng, Cheers!
  •  
  • Machu Picchu, Peru. To know how the Incas once lived & what really led to their extinction or are they still around?!?!. I can learn from National geographic but nothing like truly being there to know, see, feel, touch and hopefully eat some of Inca food.
  • Lost city Machu Picchu, Peru
  •  
  • Bhutan & Lhasa, Tibet. To experience living up in the mountains on thin air, to witness how the happiest people on earth live their daily life. (errr...on second thoughts...where is my oxygen tank? Make it a double! Oops, I thought for a minute I was ordering double vodka. Sorry, wrong country!) 
  • Mongolia!!! To live like Genghis Khan, drink Yak milk, yodel like the Mongolians & ride a Yak/Llama.
  • Mongolian tent aka ger/yurt
  •  Continue to do charity in whatever way I can.
Rocker57 must be shocked to see this long bucket list which he now knows is only the USA. Well....he has still much to learn about women, particularly me! Ever so crazy and unpredictable!Hah...he is still learning to know me after 28 years....errrrr...have you not heard of the Chinese saying " eat till old, learn till old" ?!?! Perhaps, Rocker57 will finally learn after 28 years that I did go under the knife to reduce my height just so he looks taller than me! NaaaaaAH!!!! No way!

WOW...looks like I gotta go back to work in order to tick off some of my bucket list.....to work or not to work...that is what I need to work on....hmmmm....or perhaps like my two Singaporean friends would do.....HUUUUUAAAT ARrrr.....i.e. buy lottery / gamble on numbers....hehehehe....will "work" on it.

Until I tick off 1, why not you get your bucket list ready or tick off some like I did? Happy Bucket Listing!!

2 comments:

Philo said...

A bucket list is something we should all have. It gives meaning to being alive and something to look forward to. When our dreams finally come true, it is all the more satisfying because we know that we have yet to reach our potential in this life.

Unknown said...

Philo - you are so right. And when it is completed, time to draw new ones so I have something to look forward to :)