Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Biker's "Widow"


stock photo :  black  widow Most Sundays I am a biker's "widow", a name I coined for myself...hehehe....am left all alone by Rocker57 while he Vrooom vrooom away with his biking buddies and the kids snoozing in bed. A 'widow' for few hours is still a 'widow'...no? Oh well...oh well.....On certain occasions, I get "invited" to ride with him and yet on other occasions we ride solo for our regular "cuti cuti Malaysia" (local vacation on our bike). This time around, we are bringing the kids...YAY!!!
Since this weekend is a long stretch of holiday, why not check out www.cuticuti-Malaysia.com for more info.

 

So how do I spend my time when he's biking without me?

For over 2 years now ~ I blog, I FB, I read & occasionally I do some ironing. Most of the time, its the first two I do a lot. Occasionally, I arrange for brekkie with the kids/ friends. The few hours passes by quickly. Sometimes, he returns home to lunch with me & at other times, he eats with his biker friends before returning home. 
Riding is a form of 'relaxation' for him and frees his mind from work stress. I think it's healthy to let him indulge in his 'personal time'. But what will happen when he retires and spends more time vrrrrooooming away? Hmmmm....have not seriously thought of it. Perhaps I may :
  • start a Mahjong session!! PRO ~ HAH, that way I can keep my grey matter active, do some 'bitching' & gossiping (well, isn't it true that is what most women do when they group together, NO? oh.....hmmm), get to binge on cheese cakes, puffs & drink coffee not forgetting winning lots of $$$$. CON ~ may lose some money, tiring for the poor back if session is too long and if the winnings are too good, cannot STOP!!!.And due to all the bitching and gossiping....No more Mahjong friends and other friends!!! Hmmmm.....
  • start a bridge club!! PRO ~ same as above. CON ~ I don't know how to play it and I don't know friends who play it. Hmmm...perhaps I can initiate it, eh?
  • Start a Ladies Beemer Cruise Escapade Club!!! PRO ~ get to know more friends & get to find more places to eat. YES! Eat! I live to eat just in case you didn't know...that's why I always carry extra baggages...(errr around my waist of course! DUH!!!) CON ~ burn fuel & not eco-friendly. Then my kids will be "Biker/driver "orphans"!!! OOooh...that's double cruelty. But then again....let's be honest, very often I am an 'abused mom'....Naaaah...they don't abuse me....they leave me alone....all by myself...or should I rename it "Orphanage MOM"???
  • start to cook again!!! PRO ~ can entice Rocker57 to return home for lunch. Coming home to home-cooked food, healthy and yummylicious. CON ~ so much work to handle alone and spending hours in the kitchen and then in 10 minutes; food is gone then all the washing and cleaning.....Naaahh....can happen but occasionally...simply put...am a lazy pig and I don't want Rocker57 to print this out and hold me at ransom!
  • Tai Chi session??? Love all the slow choreograph movements.....so elegant and sophisticated. That I will try when am much older, for now I will stick to swimming and my routine work out. Also, my rough & stumpy moves may move the earth's axis...who knows?!?!?...so...this shall have to wait....
  •  
  •  woman in white suit make's taiji chuan exercise Stock Photo - 4892439
  • Dancing??? That we tried back in 2009. Wrong choice!! I choose Salsa, a social dance and my other half....Anti-social...how then to change partners???? Sigh...no chance to get to dance with those latin hunks....so so sexy man.....*drooling already thinking of those sensual moves*....nowadays, I bring my bibs whenever I go clubbing in Salsa clubs.....*for the drools, duh!* One more thing....I forgot to mention...those twists and turns....well when Rocker57 initiate the turn...I just can't stop and then I feel giddy...so...need to think of ball room dancing instead....BUT those twirling might send me off the hall....so, I'll need to weigh the pros & cons first.
  •  
  • Reading club perhaps? Naahhhh....I love to read alone. Reading out loud with mispronunciation and those annoying nasal voices irritates me!!! Ooh...you mean its book club and not reading club...hehhehe...my bad! I'm what Malaysians call "loyar buruk" or 'half-cooked lawyer"...I think the club will close in no time as I will argue until cows come home or unless I see red...a red face I mean & not blood like you are thinking; then only will I stop arguing my point across. With that also, leaves me with no friends for old age....hmmmm.....
  • *scratching head*.....so now, what should I do?
So...what should I do? Any suggestions from you dear readers? I welcome suggestions....

Until my next blog....widow or no widow...it beats seating at the window looking gloomily outside...so take time to read and laugh at my other blogs...

http://superbiker48.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-olympics-i.html
 http://superbiker48.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-bucket-list.html

Speaking of blogs...now where is my clogs? I need to smash that.....$#%^&@!# 

Bye and stay happy, have fun & enjoy life!!!

2 comments:

sam said...

you have so much free time! ... i wish i have it too!

Unknown said...

Sam - here...u can have my time. Give me your bikes & I'll ride with Rocker57 :)