Tuesday, July 16, 2013

World's most beautiful waterfalls.

I had the pleasure of my friends sending me pictures or them/their friends posting in Facebook on some of the world's most beautiful waterfalls. Also, I have googled for them as well. I'd like to share these beautiful sights with you. Those pictured here in my blog are the ones that gave me a 'warm tug' in my heart. Wouldn't mind looking again and again and marvel at the spectacular sights that mother nature has bestowed us across the globe. 

There's a saying, a picture paints a thousand words....I believe it is true because these glorious pictures 'speaks' to me. I hope they do the same to you too. Read on to know how each picture speaks to me.

Among all the waterfalls photographs in my collection, the Plitvice waterfalls in Crotia tops my list. It's truly a real beauty. This picture puts a smile on my face each time I set eyes on it. Simply enchanting, breathtaking and magical. Credits to the photographer for the angle that it was taken from....


Second is this 'nameless' waterfall in Romania. It is shaped like an umbrella. Although it is only a picture, but I can 'hear' the sound of the water gushing down the moss into the pool of water below. It gives me a sense of inner peace. Does it have the same effect on you?           


Third on my list is Pearl Waterfall in China. Thundering waters from everywhere yet somehow, I see only unity, single "voice" and serenity. In reality, it must be very loud!!!




And then, there is this strange looking waterfall that resembles Rapunzel's hair... This is Ocean Waterfall, Azenhas do MarSintra, Portugal. It brings a sense of calmness, doesn't it? Ahhhh...nice to practice yoga here....Ommmm.....Oommm...



Next, Triberg waterfalls in Germany. Although I can't 'hear' the outburst of water gushing downwards, the fine 'strands' of water are akin to 'la mein' or handmade noodles...to me, that is. Hehehehe...don't you have the same feeling too? No? Strange. Perhaps I am hungry..... (Credits : www.ratestogo.com)



Followed by Triglav National Park, Borec, Slovenia. I'm not sure if the picture has been photoshopped as the water is too blue, but what the heck...this place gives me a pleasant sense of blue is beautiful. It seems to say, "hey, in the midst of all difficulties or challenges, there's beauty (lesson). You just need to take time to look for it". I laud the photographer who went through great lengths to take this beautiful surreal picture. 

Folks, if you have acrophobia...please don't look down. You may feel dizzy and feel weak at your knees!!!! Be brave! Hehehehe (me, so cruel, eh?)



Below, the Iguazu falls that lies at the border of Argentina & Brazil. I bet the sound of the waterfalls is like 10 rock bands playing simultaneously. Yes, yes, yes...I know, my imagination is running W.I.L.D!!! Seriously, that is what I 'hear'. But the 'song' doesn't annoys me....know why? Because, I mute the volume, silly!!!



Next in the album of waterfall isssss.....this picture, apparently from Cuba. Possibly photoshopped for wall paper but it gives me a sense of blissfulness and serenity. I can 'hear' birds chirpping and insects buzzing(??? running out of words to describe things....sigh). However, if it is real, I don't mind going for a swim, should be very refreshing!




Not to be left out, picture above is Paradise Crossing, Hasavu falls; Grand Canyon, National park. *speechless* (for once! hehehe)


Kolkan Coast, India!!! Well, on the train ride, if your hands are dirty, just place it outside of the window and VIOLA....auto handwash! 








Everyone, meet Athabasca waterfall, Canada. 

This one gives me adrenaline rush!!!! Strong & fullbodied (the rocks) and the water gives me a 'rush feeling'.







The Edge, Victoria Fall - Zambia / Zimbabwe. If I am not wrong, it is one of the highest waterfall in the world.

Why named after Victoria? hmmm...perhaps, Victoria fell here? Or better yet, why not you google for it and then tell me why it was named after Victoria? Why not call it the Lady Gaga or Madonna or Amy Winehouse waterfall? Hmmmm...

I like the special natural effect of the African elephant atop the falls, this is true nature at its best! Magnificent! 






 Idyllic, natural and oh so so soothing. Where is this? This is a mouthfull to pronounce....

Seljalandsfoss, Iceland. 

Nice eh? All natural - no botox, no fillers, no liposuction.... Original!!!
Krk waterfalls...somewhere out there.....hehehe...forgot to jot down more details. 

This picture (Krk waterfalls, pictured above) gives me a sense of security, safety and a sense of belonging. I can picture myself sipping coffee/ fruit juice, reading a novel under a parasol on a rattan "lazy boy" reclining chair with throw pillows neatly tugged beside me and under my calves and head. Huge shades/sunnies on. And don't forget the sunblock lotion!!! In the background soft music playing.......Ahhhh... pure tranquility. 

I can't help but laugh whenever I see Prskalo waterfall of Serbia. Why? I can't help it!!!

It's as if, if I'd wanted to punish someone, I'll tell them, " hey, don't pissed me off. Or I will piss on you!!". And if the party challenges me...I'll tell them to stand under the waterfall and I'll stand atop the fall (ahem...that is, if I can get my fat ass up there in the first place) and shout down to him / her "May the force be with you".....Hahahhaha...I thought it was funny, didn't you??? 


:)



 



Last but not least....Rio Celeste Waterfall, Costa Rica. There's a saying, at the end of the tunnel there's light. I say...." at the end of the stairs, there is a waterfall".

Although I laud the management for making the stairway from wood (i think...but when I observe closer...it is made from cement! Ewwww...how come I know? Well...they are all identical!!). 

Seriously, I'd always prefer things to be natural...it mars the beauty of nature just so things are easily accessible. Why do that? Soon, more people will come and sooner or later, leave carbon footprints behind and spoil the beauty that mother nature has given us. *sad*




I hope you like my selection. And that they too 'tugged' into your heart as they did mine. 

To all the talented and patient photographers, Kudos!! I salute your effort, time and love for all things beautiful, natural and yes...your pictures does paint a thousand words. But in this case, they "SPOKE" to me!

Until my next blog....Let's treasure all things beautiful. For it may not last for much longer. Why? At the rate we so-called develop our world....we are surely and truly 'destroying' our beautiful planet bit by bit. Do your part, let's practice the 3 Rs - Recycle, Reuse & Reduce.

4 comments:

limgohchit said...

Never expect mother nature to be so exhilarating.All these great beautiful landscapes must be shown n then preserved for posterity.And no matter how hard i try to create another fall of my own in the privacy of my room i beg to differ..

Philo Yan said...

Waterfalls are wonders which Mother Nature is the ultimate artist.

Nothing beats the sights and sounds of these beautiful places on earth.

Yes, credit should be given to the photographers for their passion in capturing these spectacular landscapes and making it timeless in pictures.

Unknown said...

limgohchit - Hahaha... I like your sense of humour. When you beg, just make sure you don't fall!!!

Philo Yan - indeed, Mother Nature is the ultimate artist.

Unknown said...

Love these falls. Plitvice is absolutely phenomenal, my favourite place in the world! Krka is also in Croatia, just so you know ����