Thursday, August 9, 2012

2nd Anniversary on Blogging.

[DSCN4241.JPG]

Exactly 2 years and 2 days ago I started my blog - A new chapter. I had no objective nor know not what I wanted out of blogging. I thought I would write on my rides with Rocker57 and as the days went by, I realised that 'hey, I'm not involved in all his rides so what am I gonna write?' The initial first year was a disaster!!! I did not blog much and know not what I wanted to pen down. Seriously, I still don't but I do know I have made improvements on my blogs ~ 
~~ changed my template and design several times.
~~ added more pictures
~~ emphasized more on the food trails as I ride or travel
~~ more specific instead of generalizing

~~ and getting more crazy!!

My initial fan/reader was Rocker57 but now on average I get about 35 readers per blog. Obviously a far cry from the professional bloggers but I am happy nonetheless as a year ago, my average readers per blog was 10-12. Am I chasing numbers? No, I've had enough of chasing numbers when I was in sales. Now, I just share what comes to my mind & if my readership increases, well and good, if not, its okay, I'll still share a part of me in my blog. For my grandkids, perhaps?



The last two months or so, my desire to blog has increased somewhat. Perhaps my mental time bomb is telling to go full speed ahead before it POPs and memory goes down hill. Frankly, lately sometimes I just forget how to spell simple words yet at other times I say something that doesn't correspond to what I had in mind but I thought I mentioned what I had in mind. With these scary changes, it makes me more determined to blog so that should my memory seriously go awry/askew one day, I can look back and read my blogs and proudly say " hey, I didn't know I did that!". 

In my conscious effort to continue riding with Rocker57, I've seen progress in myself as a whole :
~~ lost some weight due to excessive perspiration as the jackets are so darn hot and heavy! Not forgetting too bloody expensive to own several pieces. The cost of buying a new one also made me 'sweat' just thinking about it!!!
~~ exercising more to maintain or tone up so that am fit & healthy to travel long distance.
~~ more observant of our villages/surroundings that I never knew existed before
~~ seeing more & writing more before memory lapse.

~~ thinking more and keeping myself alert even when riding idle as pillion.

Looking back, I realised that I have indeed accomplished a lot. We met many new biker friends, tasted many different food from various places we have visited, traveled and saw a lot of new places that I would not have visited nor observed if I had driven. The horizon is endless and I want to continue exploring mother nature as much as I can while I can. 
In our recent ride, our new biker friend Ashley has invited us to join him and his wife for a week's ride in the USA next year and we are definitely IN! He last toured Route 66. This time, its a new route. From stories he shared....USA here I coooooooooooooome!!!!
Yet, there are nearby places I've yet to visit due to Rocker57 busy work schedule (Krabi, Phuket, Koh Samui - YES! His biker friends has ridden there many times). I look forward to the day he retires (soon, soon) and we can both ride into the winds.
By then perhaps, it would be my 4th anniversary and I can look back and say "I DID IT!" I saw Krabi, I swam in Phuket and I ate in Koh Samui!! I know I will and I shall Riiiiiddddeee Oonnnn.... 
And you my ardent readers, do continue to support me & allow me to bring you with me on my rides :)

As the saying goes "Live to Ride!"

   

No comments: