Saturday, June 1, 2013

Kuala Selangor Ride & Auntie Kopitiam, 1 June 2013



Today, we rode on our own. We were supposed to go to Seremban. But at the crack of dawn, Rocker57 changed his mind and wanted to check out Fraser Hill instead as we've planned to go there for our annual 'cuti-cuti Malaysia'. Relying on me for directions, and me not being a morning person plus the last I'd visited Fraser Hill was over a decade ago....for sure...we got LOST!!! Hehehehe...

Instead of Fraser Hill, we ended up in Kuala Selangor! Actually, after 20 mins passing through Rawang, I knew we were lost so we decided to go to Kuala Selangor instead. I may have passed it by but never truly check out the town. So, Kuala Selangor it is.

After a short sight-seeing of the township, we decided to stop at Auntie Kopitiam for breakfast since it wasn't crowded and I liked the outlook of the cafe.

Rocker57 seated on left.

Right side of kopitiam - all the food & snacks.
First order of the day, I had to have 2 soft boiled eggs! I just know they will serve it just right. And both of us have to have our 'neat' kopi-O or black coffee without sugar. Did we get what we wanted? Check this out :~


The eggs were boiled just the way I like it but instead of it being served traditionally in two saucers (1 for the boiled eggs and another for you to drink/slurp it from) it came in a plastic cup "ready to eat". Aaaah...just the way I like it because I always find it hard to crack open boiled eggs as I find them too hot to handle. Ahem...FYI, I normally order eggs when Rocker57 or my son is around, that way, they'll crack them for me. Clever, eh?

Next, I checked out what they have in-store....







And so....we ordered??? This-lah....





The one on the back ground is 'mee goreng' (fried yellow noodle). It was simple yet tasty. The one on the foreground is 'mee siam' (fried vermicelli cooked in Thai style). It was so-so only. Both came in small servings about 2/3 the size of my fist. But I believe the size is just right as then you can try the 'kuih - muih' or local delicacies like those pictured above. Well...we did not try any.  If I want to ride for many years to come, I need to watch my weight, else I would have to 'upgrade' my jackets, pants, etc. And it can be a costly affair. Uh-uh...no way!


The cost? 2 black coffee, 2 soft boiled eggs & 2 packs of noodles cost.......RM7.00 only! So so reasonable. If I am not wrong, 2 Omega soft boiled eggs in Oldtown Kopitiam is already RM3.50 and 1 coffee alone is also RM3.50 so this to me is Super Cheap! 

I took the closed up shot of this 'kopi' cup because it was how I remembered it when I was little. Stained and cracked due to frequent use. Awesome. The cup & saucer's designs are also like those in the olden days. Authentic to the max!!! Since Auntie Kopitiam was established in 1935, perhaps it is the real stuff, eh?

Incidentally, just 10 mins there, the entire place was filled with people of all races. The food served there has no pork or perhaps even halal, hence it was a 1 Malaysian affair. Many malay families were there together with Indian & Chinese alike. We even had to give up 2 of our chairs for the patrons. 2 boys were eyeing for our table and chairs while I was enjoying my cuppa. Guilt ridden and the need to ride on, I gave up our table to them, much to their delight. 


When I went to pay the bill at the counter, I saw some write-ups of the outlet. I happened to see the proprietor and founder washing dishes just behind the payment counter. She was well dressed, hair nicely done & face with carefully applied make-up. Even the eye shadow matches her clothings!! If one didn't know any better, one would think she is a 'tai-tai' just going to wash her hands. She is by far, one of the best dressed 'dishwashing' lady I've ever encountered! 





Auntie Kopitiam

C-3 Jalan Sultan Ibrahim
Kuala Selangor
Tel : 03 - 3289 7289

Next....a louder Vrooom Vrooom in the making!!! Yes!! Find out more which Harley Davidson we bought and the apparels, shoes and gloves to match the King of the road!! VROOOOM VROOOOM....

Live to Ride!!!

2 comments:

sam said...

now we know why richard asked us to ride to fraser hill that sunday....cos he got lost the previous time!

Unknown said...

Sam - we did mention we got lost the day before, remember?