Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Watercolour & Harley shopping Ride; 18 May 2013


First stop before our shopping spree for a Harley, we stopped at Watercolours; Gourmet Bakery & Cafe at Mont Kiara for our breakfast. For address, map & operating hours check out the link ~ map to watercolour

Watercolour opened since October 2010. They serve breakfast, brunch and sandwiches. You can park your bikes just outside the cafe along the street. Great for bikers as they can keep a watchful eye on their bikes and able to eat in peace.






Croissant with scramble eggs

Hotdog & chips

Our different choices in coffee!!!

Rocker57 & I like illy coffee.

MY all day breakfast! All organic!
I, the rose amongst all the thorns (Alex, Rocker57, Ryan & Sam) had the biggest breakfast! I had to have the all day breakfast for RM25.00 which came with orange juice and coffee. The scramble eggs was creamy and fluffy with a good dash of black pepper. The hash brown was lightly fried but was crispy on the outside and soft and moist on the inside. The potato was well-seasoned and it was delicious. I am not a hash brown fan but I ate both pieces!! The sausage and ham tasted fresh and was delectable. If I am not wrong, the sausage and ham was blanched and not fried, hence it retains its meaty flavour but minus the gamey smell. It was a refreshing change to have oranges and grapes for greens. I read somewhere that we should consume at least 7 different colors of vegy in a day...in this meal alone, there is 5!!!

I ate everything except 1 piece of the bread...I am a T-Rex, remember??? This awesome plate of goodies lasted me until dinner! No wonder they called it ALL DAY breakfast....because it actually lasts an entire day!!! Awesome way to save cost :)

We were all happy with the rich, aromatic illy coffee. I for one was elated that I had a special cup/mug compared to theirs...See my cafe latte... I was intrigued by the unique cup.


Nice to see but it is not practical because the weight of the coffee makes it difficult to hold the cup. Perhaps I didn't know how to hold it? Anyway, in Malaysia, when one orders for a "latte" - it is understood that you will get a shot of espresso with steamed milk. But if you are in Italy, please DO NOT ask for a latte. I learnt it the hard way. So used to ordering latte in Malaysia, I too ordered latte in Rome. The waiter asked me twice if I really wanted latte and on both occasion I said yes. Guess what I got? Milk! Hahahaha..... The next day, Rocker57 made the same error and yet again, we had milk!

Watercolour's service on that particular day was really slow. My meal was the last to be served and I had to remind them twice. All the guys had polished off their plates and my meal was nowhere to be seen. However, the owners came over to apologize for the delay but gave no explanation. As the crowd started to walk in, we had to give up our chairs (where we normally place our expensive apparels & helmets) for other patrons. As our 'territory' was fast shrinking, we decided to head out to Kampung Melayu Subang. Whatever for???

We learnt that for the past 3-4 months, G-Mart Corporation Sdn Bhd has been importing Harley Davidson from the United States. So, we rode out to check out if any suited our budget and taste...Vrrroooom, all four bikers rode from Mont Kiara to Kampung Melayu Subang. 

G-Mart


Add caption
G-Mart Corporation has a few branches but only the one in Kampung Melayu Subang sells re-conditioned Harley Davidson bikes. For location and address, click the link above (G-Mart).

THIS is the bike that Rocker57 had always wanted! The R1.
This IS the bike that Rocker57 always wanted - THE SUPERBIKE! Hence, he couldn't resist sitting on one and insisted I took his picture. Because I'd wanted to ride with him, he had to compromise with Kawasaki Z1000SX a super touring bike. Awww...ain't he considerate and caring? Indeed he is. What a big sacrifice for him just to make room for me. For non-bikers, FYI, the R1 is a Superbike with 1 seater...no pillion!It's the one raced at motogp. Hahahaha...not THIS particular one but....well, you get the drift.

Harley Davidson Sportster 1200

So proud I could really ride on one albeit tip-toeing!!!

new arrival

HD Sportster 883 Iron.

HD Sportster 883 Superlow
We spent a fair bit of time checking out the 20+ bikes. The director; Musa allowed us to test ride 2 bikes but must be within the compound as the bikes aren't registered and has no insurance. The booming sound of the signature Harley exhaust was really enticing and invigorating for ardent bikers. I LOVE the sound of Harleys....they make me happy and feel "rugged", a word hardly used these days. I've always fancied Harleys over Superbikes. Rocker57 and I are like chalk & cheese, yet we complement each other. Isn't it great?

We were keen on one particular bike but decided to sleep over it due to space constrain at the home front, the financial impact and if we wanted one or needed one. Frankly, the last reason is not a reason, just an excuse...hehehehe....

In any case, I took measurements to see how we can fit two bikes and 4 cars in our tiny abode. To know the final outcome....stay tune...
 

LIVE to RIDE is the RIGHT to LIVE!!! Heeeeehhheeeee....I just coined that!

Till the next Vrooom Vrrrooom outcome...Take care ~~~ Ride On but Ride safe.

No comments: