Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Anita & KhunThai (Thai Restaurant)



Good way to spend my lunch time today ~ 18 Dec 2012. Knowing that my lunch partner and I will eat till kingdom come, I obviously skipped breakfast except for my daily dose of oats. Hah! Knew what you were thinking...."not good to skip the most important meal of the day"...I know, I know....but as I mentioned, I had OATS! hehehe....

I had a good lunch & something even better...great company in Anita Kaur!  

Lovely Anita with her charming smile....Photo approved by her for publishing! TQ, dear.

If I am the live wire of the party...she is the 'halogen bulb'!!! She is a gem of a company. Her anecdotes was so animated and lively, I bet we sent other patrons packing with our continuous laughter and bantering! Hmmm...come to think of it, we laughed so much, I think we sucked in more air than our food. But, we did justice to our food. OK, OK...back to the food.

Some time ago, a Thai food 'addict' recommended this place to me & a group of girlfriends. I had forgotten all about this place until Anita mentioned that she wanted Thai food. So, I cracked my head and suddenly KhunThai 'popped' into my mind...as they say, the rest is history. And so, I now write the history for your knowledge so that you too can try out this eatery in case you ran out of ideas where to dine.

We ordered : (small servings for all)
  • Pandan chicken ~~ marinated chicken meat with herbs & spices wrapped in screwpine leaf and then fried until cooked. RM12.50 for 4 pieces. It was moist & you get to taste the meat and its spices. Perfectly cooked. Good with beer /wine or eaten alone.
  • Mixed seafood tomyam ~~ generous servings of squid, prawns, fish slices served in a spicy & sour tomyam soup. RM20 per pot. I love the flavorful tomyam soup. The seafood served was fresh and cooked just right. I would love it even more had it been more spicy and sourish but I guess they had to cater for the general patrons as a whole, so it is just right.
  • Green Curry chicken ~~ again generous servings of succulent chicken with egg plant, kaffir lime leaves, thai basil, red chili, long beans, bombay onions cooked in coconut milk. RM15 per bowl. Both Anita and I felt that it was the best dish and we cleaned the entire bowl except the bowl itself! OK, I exaggerated a tad but we did finish 3/4 of the curry and finished every piece of chicken. The chicken was cooked just right, making it succulent and tasty as it had soaked in the green curry. *THUMBS UP*...wished we had some toasted bread to go with the yummy green curry. Hmmm.....
  • Claypot Prawn Glass noodle. Good portions of big prawns and huge serving of glass noodle. RM15.00 per claypot. Unfortunately, the noodles were bland. I think the chef forgot to add seasoning... particularly salt. Anita requested for soya sauce but I innovatively poured the green curry over the glass noodle and soon we were taking more spoonfuls of the glass noodle and 'flooded' it with the yummy-licious green curry.
  • Dessert - Thub Tim Grob, famed Thai's 'water chestnut / Red ruby'. Served with shredded ice in coconut milk together with slices of jackfruit, dyed red colored water chestnuts, cubes of yam & some other things....Hey...I was focusing on the conversation, OK?? OK! Its RM4.50 per bowl. So into the conversation I forgot to snap a picture of it, my apologies. 
 Somehow, I can't get the pictures below each item...so here you go :
Pandan Chicken
Seafood TomYam, notice the impatient Anita waiting to dish out the soup?!?!
Claypot Prawn Glass Noodles
Yummy-licious Green Chicken Curry
They have both al fresco / air-conditioning dinning for you to choose from. We chose al fresco. Surprisingly, it was cooling despite the heat as it was well ventilated. Check out the facade :




So, what is the damage? Check out the bill.


 

Isn't it great? No? Hey....see correctly, no service charge or GST! So, service must be lousy then. On the contrary, the service was excellent! Waiters were attentive and efficient. Kudos KhunThai. Another plus point....free parking!! Ample parking space. To find out more, check details below :

KhunThai
Authentic Thai Restaurant
6 Jalan 5/44
Petaling Garden
Off Jalan Gasing
46000 Petaling Jaya
Tel : +603 7781 7523

Branches in Butterworth, Penang, Kepong & Klang. For more info, check out www.khunthai.com

I was satiated to the max! So much so I'd to skipped dinner and was still feeling full at 10pm! Amazing what a single meal of the day can do to one's stomach! Not forgetting that I ate like a PIG!!! Oink! Oink! Incidentally, KhunThai does not serve pork, not sure if it is 'halal' though. Please call to confirm.

I shall publish this tomorrow as this little piggy needs some ZZZZZzzzz. Will copy read the contents tomorrow before publishing it. Until my next food expedition in two days....hang in there. Swing by the restaurants I've published and feel free to leave your comments, thanks and....

Eat , Zzzz and be happy! Hey, know what? It is tomorrow already...its 1am! So here you go...
 

No comments: