Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pizza Uno, Taipan Subang


I was introduce to Pizza Uno way back in 2002 or 2003. I was working for a Multinational F&B manufacturer then. Food tasting was part of our routine. After my first visit, Pizza Uno remains one of the best Italian restaurant I've eaten in Malaysia. 

Of course, I have tasted many others and yet many other Italian outlets yet to try. Somehow, Rocker57 and I often compare the food quality of other restaurants to the ones we've had in Pizza Uno. Below are some of our all time favourite.

Pictured above is a must have. Their Tiramisu is a 'killer'. As you take in your first bite....most of my die-hard Tiramisu 'addict' friends (I brought them there) goes "uuummmphhhh" and then they stop talking. Next, they take in the following bite and so on. Firstly, the generous share of chocolate dust gets caught in your throat, then the alcohol hits you followed by the espresso soaked ladyfinger and mascarpone cheese melts in your mouth...oozing with goodness. Serious!

For Antipasti, you have to have ~~  The Champinones con ajo that is mushroom cooked in olive oil & garlic. It is simply tasty. Comes with few slices of bread for you to dip it. You may be turned off with the oil floating but olive oil is heart healthy. Take my word, eat the mushroom and then you tell me if it isn't delectable. Deal?


Another good antipasti to order is their bruschetta. Comes in two variants, tomato with basil and mushroom. The grilled bread rubbed with garlic and topped with olive oil, salt and pepper adds to the crunchiness while the toppings add flavour to the otherwise plain bread. O-la-la!!!

Next is a MUST HAVE for me and Rocker57 whenever we dine at Pizza Uno. Caesar Salad with beef bacon. The combination of Romaine lettuce, eggs, croutons dressed with parmesan cheese, olive oil, worchester sauce, lemon juice, garlic and black pepper is 'out of this world'. Again, we have eaten in many eateries but thus far, nothing matches this awesome yet simple salad. Don't believe me? Go try it then if there is some place (in Malaysia, ya) better, please drop me a line. I will definitely want to try at the recommended outlet. Really!

The classic cheese cake is also a mouth watering dessert. The salty yet sweet jam adds some tangyness to the otherwise sweet dessert. The cookie at the bottom and chocolate in between makes the entire dessert, sweet, sour, crunchy, salty and oohhhh...umami!

This unclear pix was taken by a Samsung phone.(friend's unit) Doesn't matter. The photo did not do justice to the food. Albeit a plain looking spaghetti, the taste is simply "            "
Yup! As I've mentioned before in my other blog post on Shakespeare, this is by far my BEST Aglio Olio! It comes in plain or with prawns(the latter extra cost, obviously, duh!). Despite having visited the outlet since 2002/3, I only started to eat this in late 2006 and got hooked since. All the friends that I introduced it to is of the same opinion as me. *thumbs up*



Apart from these, please also try their Pizzas - Calzone & Uno's special. The former pizza takes the shape of a currypuff. Lots of gooey cheese & mushroom. Remember how you use to pull your chewing gum from your mouth with your fingers? Well, how about that...the same kind of feeling with Calzone. Awesome, right?

Their other pastas like Carbonara, Marinara and Lasagna are just as good. And oh, do try their mushroom and pumpkin soup too.
Managed to take some of its decor, just so you know you have come to the right place....hehehe.






Pizza Uno
55, JALAN USJ 10/1A(TAIPAN)
47620 SUBANG JAYA
SELANGOR
TEL: 603-5635 0205
FAX: 603-5633 8767


They also have a branch in Taman Tun Dr Ismail (TTDI). Check out their webpage for operation hours and address to TTDI Pizzauno

Until the next food trail....