Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What the sign says....

I must be running out of topics to write or my readers find my blogs interesting enough to "challenge" me to write something on signages. Not any signages but specifically on toilets/ washroom/restroom/ ladies/gents or whatever you choose to call it. One of them sent me this photo and requested me to write something on it....hmmm...what is there to write, seriously????
He took it from a hotel in Singapore while he was there visiting. I kinda like the simple yet clear indication of what this is. Simple and straight to the point. That led me to go in search for more of these unique signages. I take his "challenge" to come out with something interesting to blog about....I love challenges.

man : stand, woman : squat or sit

The man's portion, I understand. Clearly indicative of how they go about their 'wee-wee'/'pee-pee'. 

But hey....woman don't hold on to the door and put our free hand on our waist while doing our private business! Now, ladies...do we? Of course not, we don't!

By the way, why isn't the man in blue?? Cost savings I guess, more colors means extra $$$ to print/make.

This one depicts the reason why we, the women insist on having the lid down when we pee. The guys spray theirs all over the WC aka water closet!! Ewww....

Now, as for the woman's sign. Com' on now..can we really spray that far??? Seriously!!! Please don't over exaggerate Mr/Ms Artist who drew this. Haiz...


This one I like very much. Says quite a fair bit of life in reality. Men are like trains, they bulldoze their way while women being their normal patient self, patiently guiding them bulldozers through the a tunnel so that they won't get lost while finding their way home. 
Ahem...now you know why men don't ask for directions? Because, when they are lost...they are 'engineered' to follow the railway tracks. But, they can always find their way home via the tunnel, patiently guided, obviously! (the SMART tunnel, the smarter way to travel, of course! But remember to pay the toll before entering.)


This is a new one even for me! I guess the men are often curious what a lady does in the washroom, hence the need to peep!!!

" Hey, you....get down from the wall!!! Maniac!!! Helllllp!!!!  "

Makes me wonder...who initiated this worldwide phenomena that men/boys are represented in blue and women/girls are represented in red/pink? Why not green for men and orange for women or purple for men and black for women???? Can we change the color...pluzzzz...???? No? Why ever not???


This is a strange sign. Is it for workstation, plane or toilet??? Beats me! But it sure is in touch with IT development and having them IT savvy people in mind. Good on you! Bravo!! 


This is a classic example of which country the signage is from....do I need to tell you? Errr....just in case you are still scratching your head, the signage below will ease your mind some what.
Ta-daaaaa.....middle east, obviously! Aiyo.... so sad that even this I have to tell you. But then again, as I always say "sharing is caring"......

So now you know.... :)
 The next two pictures below are obviously those found in Malaysian malls!! First, I recognise the icon, secondly the language :)

I am obviously against the person who came up with this idea. Mr/Ms creative designer, do you expect my friends' grandparents to know which is which? Or even our kids or grandkids to know which is male / female toilet???

For one, I myself am often confused. But I guess it is easy to remember...

Let's see...the one on top is obviously the male...WHY? Because they are genetically built to be on erection at all times! Hence the arrow going upwards!! The circle is so that they can roll here and there 'eyeing' the next belle walking by!! Hehehehe....
 

The lady icon is so true. We ladies are often the neutral, balanced & grounded one. Except, don't let us loose in a shopping mall....we can go quite 'wild', really? REALLY

While the male icon 'rolls with the wind', the female icon stands firm and strong despite all obstacles and challenges...."bring it on'!!!

These, I have no comments, I just like the urgency it depicts. I have seen many instances like these in the toilets. Especially small kids and errrr some adults too.


I saved this for the grand finale...... Male and female are made to be a part of each other. The bible said that Eve was born out of Adam's rib bone. 


Well, this picture states that the male got his extra piece because the female gladly gave a piece of hers so that the guy can "hang" his. Or else...how to get the tunnel and train signage idea????  Oops...sensored!!! Seriously, we were made to complement each other, just like you can't eat Wan Tan Mee without the green pickled chili or Rojak without the peanut sauce...Ooohhh, you are smart, you get my drift.

Hope you enjoyed my signage descriptions. And to the reader who sent me the toilet photo...was this what you were expecting? Did I meet your expectations or exceeded your imagination of what I can do with just a photo from you???

I leave you with that hanging question. Until the next time.... Men - please start to learn to ask for directions. Ladies - sometimes, you may need to close the tunnel. Hehehehe...another hanging sentence

Before I go cuckoo....." Please lift the toilet seats up when you need to pee, guys!" "Thank YOU" on behalf of most of the women on 3rd rock from the sun.

Ciao! Stay happy always!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no issues about guys having to put the toilet seat down for us after use. After all, we don't hear any men complaining about women not putting the seat up again after use.

What's with that anyway??

Unknown said...

philotoyourhealth : not so much for me. I read that a lot of women complained about the toilet seat cover issue so I thought I can put in a say for them :)
Me? Am flexible. It takes just a finger to flex it up or two to put it down, so what is the issue, really.

sam said...

well done! you sure could write a good story. i was initially surprised that a hotel in spore would use such "graphic" illustration for male/female signages. imagine male bending forward and female squating down! btw, the train and tunnel, try to link the train and tunnel to the dangling thing in male and the opening in female! .. that's more like what went thru the mind of that sign maker!

Unknown said...

Sam - this is a 'clean' blog. We are thinking along the same line but if you read between the lines, you'll noticed that I did it subtly...hehehhee...