Thursday, April 5, 2012

Birthday Ride (1)


Odd thing to do to usher in my 50th birthday recently. But I rather spend time with my loved ones on this special occasion than do something else. No regrets!
Was up early to meet Alex and Ravi, two of Rocker57's biker friends. We met at USJ2 Shell petrol station at 7am and headed to Janda Baik via Karak highway and then detour via the old trunk road. Mid way, we stopped at BHP petrol station for breakfast. If you do not know, this particular petrol station is like a 'renowned bikers rest stop' for those riding along Karak Highway (between KL to Genting/Bentong/Kuantan if you are unfamiliar). Today, was no exception and the crowd was maddening. We had the opportunity to witness the LOTUS group convoy meeting up there as well. Boy...the Vrrrooom & Revving of the vehicles can just drive your adrenaline up three folds....it was aaAawesooOome!!

Revvvvv!!!

Vrrrrooom!     



























We have the Vrrroooms and the Revvvvs..... perfect 'marriage' of the two-wheelers & the four-wheelers! We stayed awhile longer than usual. Me, to 'suck-in' the powerful noise & check out any good looking guys!! Hehehe...my rocker's still the best-lah!!
We headed to Janda Baik via the old trunk road. It was a cooling slow ride as the 'blind was leading the blind'. As I suspected, the blind was really blind because we ended up in Bentong!!! Ravi missed the junction or thinks we actually passed the township?!?!!? 
Along the ride, we came across many cyclists. Perhaps, a good road for bikers are just as good for cyclists too. Easily 20-30 cyclists were sighted along the entire stretch right up to Bentong.
Bikers will not go hungry, I know because I've been riding pillion close to 2 years now. They always find a shop to 'chillax' after 1-2hrs ride. Following a quick chat, Ravi brought us to a corner shop in Bentong for 2nd breakfast and its not even 9am!!! We stopped at Lou Yu Kee for a good cuppa and Ravi slurped up a bowl of Bentong beef noodle. It's quite different from the beef noodles I've seen or eaten before. Unfortunately, I didn't get to taste it but I have a picture of it for u. Ravi says its delicious. Am making mental note to eat it the next time I'm in town. Or maybe you can check it out and leave a comment for me?
The black coffee was good. I find coffee served in small town coffee shops are thicker and the aroma intoxicating elsewhere most are diluted and lack the 'kick'. We met a sole biker on BMW800 eating by himself. Just before he left, we chatted awhile. 
 Strangely, I find it odd that superbikers or easy riders make the attempt to acknowledge one another when they 'bump' into each other. I wonder if the kapcai do that too? I have yet to see a Beemer owner say 'hi' to another beemer owner or other make of cars...guess its a 'unwritten universal guy thing'.
After Bentong, we headed to PJ for another event. The official opening of SC Premier Bikes Sdn Bhd or previously known as Sunvay Cycle. Also where rocker57 bought both his bikes.
Read more about SC in my next blog.....see you and don't miss out on it, ya.....till then.....
Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooom!! And ride safe.

No comments: