Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sunset, sunrise....is it the same everywhere?

Platja D'Aro Girona, Spain
I love sunsets! They exudes such beauty that makes me stop in my tracks to admire them, always! So I embarked on collecting some of the most captivating and meaningful (to me, that is) sunrises and sunsets across the globe. Why sunrise too? Simply because I can never tell the difference between sunrise or sunset in these pictures...hehehehe....heeeey, I wasn't the one who took them, so how should I know if its sunrise or sunset, ok? OK.

I've scoured for those spectacular pictures and I certainly would love to share them with you. Some are taken by my friends, family members as well as from my search in the internet. Mind you, some maybe wallpaper or photoshopped but what the heck. As long as it is beautiful, it is worth the mention.



Kruger National Park, South Africa. It's gorgeous. Bet the animals there won't bother to stop in their tracks to admire the beauty mother nature has bestowed upon every living thing on earth. Need to be alert at all times lest a predator is on the look out for fresh meat! OUCH!!!       Oh well, glad someone took this beauty.



Maui, Hawaii. The golden yellow sun and it's rays upon the beach reminds me of the bull's eye egg I had for breakfast today.

Ladies & Gentlemen, this sunset is edible!!!






This is Vorquisea, in Brazil. If it was not identified, I would have mistaken it for Serenggeti in Africa.

Broccoli, anyone?







World's Edge, England. 

Well, it does look to me like the end of the world. If only Xi, a Sho of the Kalahari Desert in the South African comedy film The Gods Must Be Crazy knew about this place, his arduous and dangerous yet amusing journey to dispose off the coke bottle would be much much easier. Don't you think so? NO? Me too! Else, we wouldn't get to de-stress laughing at the amusing things & events that happened to Xi along the way, now would we?


I saved this photo from my friend; Wee Seng's FB album. He snapped this while he was in Kadikoy, Istanbul, Turkey.

It gives me a sense of hope and that everything is gonna be a-OK. Does it speak to you as well?








Taken by Rocker57 when he was in Masai Mara game reserve in Kenya, South Africa. After this trip, he insisted on buying a better camera. That's because the Nikon camera he took with him can only zoom 3x and was the smallest. Hahahaha!!!

The rest of the group had cameras that could zoom super close to capture the big 5. And this is the reason we have a better camera now :)





This is sunrise (I believe that it has been photo-shopped) in Cathedral Cove, New Zealand. Love the hues.


Bridge of San Francisco, taken by Rocker57's nephew. Kelvin while he was there recently. One of the lucky few I guess. I heard that it is often misty or foggy so this shot is really timely.


Remember this? Seljalandsfoss Waterfall, Iceland that I blogged about on 16 July 2013? Well...not only is the waterfall enchanting, the sunset/sunrise is also mesmerising.


Again, do you remember this sunset picture I took when I was in Krabi, Thailand. 5 bikers and 2 pillions took over 5 hours from Hatyai to Ao Nang beach in Krabi. 

I hope to return there someday. Love the long sandy beach and its quiet and laid back lifestyle. Tranquility.






Not sure if this is photoshopped (pix below) but it is Cabo San Lucas beach in Mexico. 

Nice, right?
Lake Michigan

 This is Lorne Beach, Australia.

So far, you can see that not all sunrises or sunsets are the same. Each has its own beauty.
Picture on right is one of the *ticks* listed in my bucket list.

And what is that? Aiyooo....Machu Picchu in Peru, obviously. DUH!!!

Another awesome sight of Oahu Beach in Hawaii. Its no wonder, Hawaii is a paradise. Also, part of my bucket list :)
San Pablo, Philippines

Sunrise at Serenggeti, Tanzania.


(left) This spectacular orange rays are sunrise over Boston, USA.
 How about this? Reminds you of the movies "2012" or The Day After Tomorrow? Well, fret not, its the beautiful sunrise over San Francisco, USA. This is really beautiful.




San Francisco is beautiful but nothing beats the splendid colors of Bleik, Norway. The Northern lights, my dear readers. My daughter was there in 2009, unfortunately, she failed to get a glimpse of the Northern lights. I guessed it was Mother Nature's "power failure / outage" on the particular time she was there. Poor thing, all the way there for nought!

Last but not least, my dear friend and former schoolmate; Christina Siow's amateur photography session in Pasir Panjang, Port Dickson. I like this picture very much. So much so I immediately used it as my profile cover picture. Unfortunately, after a couple of posting, she has since stopped publishing her works. I guess she knew I would 'abuse' her photographs. Can't blame her really...see what I just did!!!

Well....take your time to soak in these beautiful, spectacular sights. As my friend once said, "no artist can beat the beauty Mother Nature has 'painted' for us" or "Mother Nature is the ultimate artist" or "no artist can beat Mother Nature" or..... Errr....or something to that tune...getting old, more difficult to quote exactly what others have said but you are smart...sure you get my drift. :))

Until my next blog, take care & stay healthy. Watch out for my coming blogs....We'll be riding to Koh Samui, Thailand from 6-10 August!!! Can't wait. My first trip to Koh Samui. Remember to look out for my blog on Koh Samui....Vrrrrooooom, vrrrroooom!!! KAWAbunga!!!

Ciao. 

(Credits to all photographers for the superb as well as amateur (like mine & Rocker57) shots of sunrises and sunsets across the globe)

No comments: