Thursday, April 5, 2012

Birthday ride (2)

Sunvay Cycle now known as SC Premier Bike had their official opening on 18 March 2012 - also my 50th birthday!! What was supposedly a small event turned out to be a major highlight of the day! Rocker57 received the invite and told me we'll drop by but what we didn't expect was the huge turn out. It coincides with Kawasaki launching their cruiser W800SE in retro clothes. See, after less than 2 years, I've learned to speak bikers 'lingo'. Check out the pictures below! 
Ravi asked me 'Why W ah?' My idiotic reply was "Waaaah 800!" Come off it, now how the heck would I know? errr...I don't work for Kawasaki you know. Plus, my kids favourite reply whenever I ask them something "google-lah, mom"
Givi Booth

Rocker57 & superbikes

reception area with buffet

two rows of superbikers at the opening!
Ravi, Alex & Rocker57 ended up having lunch at the SC opening. I was turned off with the immense heat-wave and the bombastic PA system that 'killed' my appetite. Was glad that some of my fats melted that hot afternoon :)
We were about to leave when the lucky draw was announced, goes without saying we hung around to try our luck. It being my birthday, I half expected to get a lucky draw gift, at the least! As luck would have it.....we WON nothing!!! hahaha...but it was great to witness the opening.
After an early start, I had an afternoon siesta. Dinner with my loved ones was at Neroteca (Italian restaurant at Sommerset in KL). With salad, pasta, cold cuts & mix grill followed by desserts (tiramisu and something else which has gone pass me - happens quite often these days....signs of 'seniority' is catching up on me though I didn't try to avoid it - honest!) we were satiated to the max!!!
cold cuts
Mixed grill
      
It was a basic day but I just wanted to record the chain of events to be in my memory via my blog. Perhaps, when I'm 70, I'll look into my blog and say " I did that? WOW, cool man!" or maybe I would say " sigh...what a silly way to spend the day"....who knows what I'll think then....perhaps, if u follow my blog for another 2 decades, you'll find the answer.
Until then....have a great weekend ahead and stay happy always. Cheeeers!!!
And oh....of course I lugged my new LV speedy bag and wallet...a gift from my sweetheart...so loving it! Muaks!!





No comments: