Tuesday, June 21, 2011

MY SCHOOL MATES

It took 31 years for someone to take the initiative to gather all our schoolmates together in 2010. Thanks to Christina Siow & two other schoolmates, they jointly created a group page for us in Facebook, we are now finally connected! The initial objective then was to gather 79 out of 260 schoolmates. And guess what? we achieved our objective!! For more info, please log on to:
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=%2F2010%2F7%2F9%2Fcentral%2F6622104&sec=central 

There were numerous informal reunion over the years, but the official FB reunion was held on 12 June 2010. It was an 'atomic' blast!!! We were so loud and elated that even the Chief Minister of Negeri Sembilan who was dining at the same coffee house couldn't resist the attention we were garnering that he had to dropped by to enquire! Well, that's one VIP gate-crasher!! HEHEHEHE...
The group has blossomed to a healthy 108 membership! Since 12 June, 2010 we have had 3 more gatherings (Sept 2010/Feb & June 2011). Below, recent pictures of our gathering which was held at Cinnamon's, One World Hotel.
15 of those who were 'early birds'
We brought the "house" down with our laughter, joys and antics. There were names guessing, size comparisons, who has more wrinkles & spares, nucleus family enquiries, etc. I bet the hotel guests in One World felt tremors from about 1-5.30pm last Saturday. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we have already planned for Dec 2011!! 4 hours seriously ain't enough for catching up, so this time, its ladies night out! OVERNIGHT, that is!!
Full attendance with some last min. surprises.
Frankly, if you were to asked me, I felt as if we are still in school. It's as if we had never left because we girls just simply picked up from where we left and just 'added on' to our new chapters in life. Awesome!!
I treasure each reunion as I never know who I'll meet and simply because I for one believe in living for the present. For we know not what the future holds. Every hug to me means so much. I can feel my schoolmates feelings, passion, depth of friendship from each hug...yes, ladies - it shows. So the next time you hug me....hehehe...I'll rate you accordingly!!
As I sit here typing away, I've already planned what's in-store for the upcoming reunion. Oh... I feel like a teenager all over again...the feeling is so invigorating and intoxicating, I wish we can have it TOMORROW!!
To all my other schoolmates who aren't connected, please look out for us. You seriously do not know what you've been missing! To those who are reading this and know my schoolmates, please ask them to contact me or check out our group at ConventSeremban79@groups.facebook.com

We are having a grand reunion in June 2012. Come join us and be connected!!

No comments: