Wednesday, June 29, 2011

SHILA H.

9 May 2011 at about 6.45pm local time, my hubby and I was to be picked up at the lobby of Victoria Hotel, Melbourne. I was excited, apprehensive, happy, butterflies in the stomach, you name it, I got it. Why? Because we are finally in Melbourne? Yes and No. More so because for the first time since 1979, I'm meeting face to face with Shila H!!
Our first reaction when the lift door opened was to 'size-up' the individual. Then, the familiar smiles across the lounge. All of a sudden, I felt chills. 
And then we hugged, despite the layers of clothing, I felt a tremendous amount of warmth, love and happiness from Shila. Shila H, for the record, the feeling was mutual. 
The ladies - lousy cameraman!! 
Immediately, I felt so so warm in the midst of early winter. Though we've been apart for over 3 decades, but the feelings we had remained intact despite the years. I felt like a teenager all over again. Within seconds, we were chattering endlessly. A quick hubby and her daughter intro, we were back to catching up for the lost years.
Frank (Shila's hubby) and son Luca was waiting for us in the car nearby. We were treated to true Italian (3rd generation) pizza. It was sumptuous and we over indulged as Frank being a true Italian expected a 4 hr dinning experience, he ordered food fit for 10!! Italian hospitality - Thanks, Frank! You are a gem! Unfortunately, due to long night flight and a full day's Melbourne tour, rocker57 and I were tired.
The guys - freezing cold!!!
Despite the short 2 hours dinner, I felt I'd not missed out on Shila's missing chapters in my life as we caught up with each other. We tried to catch up again when rocker57 and I return from Hobart but it was not to be so as we had to have an early night to catch an early flight home.
Shila H, I thank you for your hospitality. I miss you. Take care, love you!! See you in June, 2012!! Hugs XXX


 

No comments: