Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ooi Noodle house, SS15 Subang Jaya


As the name depicts, Noodle house. But they do serve chicken rice, economy rice, Chee Cheong Fun and what I am gonna write about...touted the best pork noodle in Subang Jaya is this place - Ooi Noodle house. 

A few years ago, they were at a corner shop in SS15/1a where Subang Park hotel is situated now. Since then, they have moved to :

78 Jalan SS15/4B
Operating hours 8am - 4pm

It is situated behind Taylor's Business School and across Subang Square.

Beware! Waiting period can be exhausting if you are in a rush. My friends and I have once waited 55 minutes just to savour a bowl of pork noodles!! Silly, go to another venue to eat-lah. AHA....it would be SILLY to go some place else when the best is here, right? No? Well, to each its own.

The main man behind the awesome delicious mouth watering noodle is this guy :






I have stopped taking sugar in my beverages some 20 years ago and Rocker57 followed-suit about a decade ago. So, we will order our usual sugarless coffee. The coffee served here is thick, full bodied and leaves a little bit of bitter after taste in the mouth. Just the way we like it.



For the benefit of my foreign readers, in Malaysia, if you want to order sugarless black coffee - ask for Kopi (pronounced as Co - Pee meaning coffee) 'O' ( pronounced as 'oh' meaning 'neat') Kosong ( pronounced as Core-Song) meaning empty literally. So, kopi-O-kosong means black sugarless coffee. If you want coffee with sugar it is just "kopi O". If u want coffee with condensed milk, it is 'Kopi". And if you want a your black coffee with sugar to be thick, just say "kopi O kaw" (kaw meaning thick in Cantonese which sounds like cow with a 'k' tone to it). If you want iced coffee...well ice is widely recognized here or "ais" in our national language but enunciated as ice as well.

Well, back to the main topic....best pork noodles in this neighbourhood.

The man painstakingly cooks each bowl separately, hence the long wait. The minced meat is well marinated and cooked just right. While the sliced pork is succulent and doesn't reek of the 'porky' smell. The touch of greens adds colour and taste to the otherwise plain looking bowl of pork noodle. 

The special touch to each bowl of pork noodle is the few tiny pieces of lard!!! The whole dish is aromatic and the noodles soak in the flavours, hence making each bite oh so delectable. The soup is tasty, savoury and rich. You get a rich taste of the well marinated minced pork that has simmered in the soup, a slight taste of the greens and the mouthful of tasty noodles that has soaked in all the goodness while it was cooking. Verdict : Numero Uno. 

Don't believe me? Drop by the place one of these days. Stop and ask one of the endless streams of 'patient' patrons why they eat there...then, order a bowl and tell me if I am wrong. But then, you have got to tell me where in Subang is better, and I will gladly treat you on proviso that outlet is better :)

While writing this, I am stopping myself from drooling. Serious! 

Eons ago, Rocker57 and I have refrained ourselves from eating innards. So, I 'borrowed' some pictures with eggs and innards from another blogger whom I can't remember the name (apology!) who had also written about this... my best pork noodle thus far. Here you go...go on...drool if you please.


  
WOW...it's time for lunch...what a coincidence...well, as you head out for lunch, remember to check in on Ooi noodle house someday, ya.

I live to eat, how about you?

No comments: