Saturday, May 28, 2011

RIDE TO KUALA KUBU BARU (KKB)

Heard a lot of Kuala Kubu Baru, yet to visit the place. When my former college mate Ryan invited my hubby and I to join his riding buddies sometime late March 2011, we quickly jumped onto the bandwagon.
Journey started at 6.30am! We gathered at the Shell petrol station opposite Giant Hypermarket in Kelana Jaya. Six bikes - Ryan rode the Virago, Rocker57 & Fred : Kawasaki 650 & 750cc; Philip, Ho and Chan (err...I think that's his name...) 2 Honda models 1,000cc {forgotten the model...sigh, signs of ageing, can't escape that!! Ahhh...) and a red Ducati Monster 850cc. 
And moi - the 'beautiful' rose amongst the thorns - Ahem! My first ride with a 'gang' obviously I had to wake up earlier to 'don my mask' to look presentable. Rocker57 is still questioning me (yup, till today) why I need to make up whenever we go riding. He says we should look rugged not all dolled up. Well, Rocker57, I wanna looked like a dolled up rugged rider, can??!! (psst...frankly, he doesnt give two hoots what I do as long as I'm happy). Our pact? Easy pissy...he tells me what time we leave and I'll work backwards to get ready! Frankly, sometimes when the weather is too hot and humid or when my hormones go haywire or when the mood goes nutty, I go 'naked face' with just moisturizer and sun block.
The morning was cool and breezy, I truly enjoyed the ride and watching the dawn of a new day as we rode towards KKB from Kelana Jaya. We arrived KKB for breakfast just before 8.30am. KKB is a quaint colonial days small town, to me that is. I love the fresh air and simplicity. The folks are friendly and I believe they can easily spot newbies like us visiting their town. With the loud exhaust pipes bursting from the bikes, we certainly created a 'roar' when the entourage arrived!
After breakfast, I hopped onto Ryan's Virago for a 'test ride'. I felt uncomfortable maybe because the bike was too low, there's no place for me to hold when we went through some bumpy ride and I couldnt cuddle Ryan like how I would cuddle Rocker57....hehehee. Our primarily visit to KKB was to see the KKB reservoir. And so here it is:
Kuala Kubu Baru Reservoir...beautiful


We took our time to take in a breath of fresh air and to soak in the beauty of a place a short ride from city centre. I also 'stole' the opportunity to snap a couple of pictures of the bikes parked along the long stretch of asphalt road.


Soaking in the scene and resting






Rocker 57 amongst the bikes
The trip was short, but nothing short of making me happy and the fact that we've started to look forward to joining groups for short or long outings. Psssstt..come closer, here's the thing. After the trip, Rocker57 actually took the initiative to register in a biker 'club' and now, we are scheduled to ride to Penang late June for an overnight outing. I'm so looking forward to meeting new friends and the ride with Rocker57 and kawa-babe.
Till the next blog...hasta la vista!!

No comments: