Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pot holes, bumps & signages

It never bothered me much on potholes, road bumps and signages, but since I started riding with rocker57, my senses has become more acute. I realised that even small holes the size of 3 by 3 inch wide and an inch deep, impacts the biker; more so the pillion rider. The roads I used to travel when I was driving doesn't provide the same pleasure when I ride. The journey has become more bumpy and rough, alas. 

I can now truly empathize with bikers who complains of bad road conditions and at other unfortunate times, the potholes even cause death. Having said that, I'm proud to say that Malaysian road conditions are still pretty well maintained except that the Malaysian Highway Authority (MHA) needs to be more vigilant to ensure roads are void of potholes as they are both risky and dangerous. Bikers too pay their road taxes, albeit in smaller sums, so MHA, hear ye hear ye!

Having traveled South (Seremban & Melaka), Central (Klang valley & Putrajaya), and part of East Coast ( Karak Highway, Janda Baik and Bukit Tinggi), I must praised the highway concessionaires for maintaining the motorbike lanes. The grass are trimmed and in some parts they even plant beautiful flowers along the stretch, thank you for having bikers in mind. However, the roads are kinda small as bigger bikes will find it a tad difficult to overtake another motorbike due to space constrain. Imagine having to tail a kapchai or small bikes over a 10-20 km stretch...phew...

Signage is another area of concern. Rocker57 and I were made to go round and round in Putrajaya. When I travel by car to Putrajaya for real estate purposes, I'm also made to drive certain kilometers before I find my destination but since I'm there often, I now managed to find the properties I need to sell/rent relatively easier. But I will not ride in the motorbike lanes as they lead me to somewhere but not where I aim to be...so, no way, Jose...I'll ask Rocker57 to use the mainstream, anytime every time should we ride to Putrajaya. The signboards are misleading and provided limited directions. Please do something about it, whoever you are.

Going to South or towards Klang and east coast highway was a breeze because signages gave good directions. The only odd thing I observed is that at the motorbike lane in Puchong toll to USJ / Shah Alam, there is a huge bump. That bump made me jumped / "fly off" 6 inches or more from my seat the first time we went through it...hello planners...do something about it, can you? i.e. before something untoward happens? Thank god I was heavy enough to drop back to earth gravity, if I not...perhaps, I would be writing to you from Venus or below ground.

Also, at the exit motorbike lane from Seremban to PLUS highway, there are two road bumps put in on purpose. Why in the world do you need to place two bumps there? Are you planning to collect toll charges too? Please, learn from your other counterparts, give the bikers a smooth ride okay...pluzzzz...Balancing a bike on two wheels is tough enough and yet you add hurdles to it, why??? It still puzzles me...

No comments: