Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Biking dislikes

Here's my fair share of dislikes on biking:
  1. HOT & SWEATY : When I first started riding, just putting on the protective jacket, gloves and helmet made me loose easily half a kilo of perspiration! Now that I'm semi-pro, I think I loose about 250gm.
  2. RESTRICTIVE MOVEMENTS : due to space constrains, can't move about much. Most extravagant reflexes I can afford is stretching my short legs at traffic lights / when I have to get down for rocker57 to pump fuel / tea break or arrival at destination.
  3. LACK OF FRONTAL VIEW : most times, I see the back of rocker57's helmet or side view. At the speed he is going, I need to give him aerodynamic speed, so have to be considerate....meaning no view!!
  4. NO MUSIC : ah...that I know can be resolved if I want to spend some extra $$$$. My Nolan helmet can be installed with bluetooth and MP4!!! Can you beat that!!!  Notice the n.com thingy...that's where I can add my MP4 and bluetooth, cool eh?
  5. LUGGING HELMET EVERYWHERE : with the pricey helmet, its like carrying a Gucci, goes without saying...don't leave bike without it. Cumbersome but what the heck...
  6. LUGGAGE SPACE : the lack of it, makes one a smarter traveller but not necessary a pretty traveller. Loads of restrain, bare minimum hence no make-up only sunblock!
  7. BAD HAIR DAY : After each trip, my hair get tangled up so bad, I end up losing most of my beautiful natural curly locks!!! And ouch...it hurts!!! The trick? Place tied hair inside jacket!! And....wear a bandanna. Viola, hip & rocking! No bad hair day.
  8. NO SUNNIES : Full face helmets and good helmets comes fitted. Hence they didn't allocate space for sunnies/shades or sun glasses whichever you are familiar with. So advisable to buy a helmet with shades, like "mua"
  9. REEKING ODOR / AROMA : If I were to be blind, I would know when I'm about to reach KLIA junction. Why, you may ask? Well, it reeks of the stench from the pig farms surrounding the area, duh!!! Freaking strong too. Ah...but the joy of smelling the smell of freshly brewed coffee from the temple that I just passed or the freshly baked cakes from the bakery...priceless! 
  10. DRENCHED FROM RAIN : catch 22 situation, I love the rain but I hate to be drenched...C.O.L.D!!! Plus if travelling, need a spare set of clothes.
If you are a biker or reader, what would be your dislikes apart from what I've mentioned? Come, share your thoughts.

1 comment:

NicholasLim said...

My dislikes would be imagining passing by a road that is dusty (esp on-going construction site) and having to hold your breath to avoid all the 'kah-liow' from entering into your nostril ( kena before when i was a teenager on a mountain bike) Best Regard, Klg-BKT...