Thursday, November 14, 2013

Surin Beach & Bocconcino, Phuket ; Thailand ~ 23 Aug 2013

 
For those who has just join my blog, we, meaning Rocker57 and I were staying at Ayara Hilltops Boutique Resort & Spa. Today is our final day in Phuket, we depart tomorrow. If you want to know more what transpired while we were in Phuket from 21st, here is your link :

Day 1 at Surin Beach 
Day 2 at Patong & Phuket Town

And here we are at Day 3 of our Rest and Relax vacation. After our in-house breakfast, we went to the resort gym to work out. Day 2 breakfast is similar to Day 1...what to do, creature of habits ;)

A plate of fresh fruits before anything else. The mango & pineapple slices were really sweet...oozing with sweetness, really. The pomelo was a tad sourish but juicy and fresh. The dragon fruit was as 'dragon' as it could be.

 Today's mixed omelet was worse off then yesterday's. It was really overcooked. I dislike wastage but I really couldn't finish the omelet.


 Noticed that I took only a slice of bacon today as opposed to yesterday? Well, it was as dry and overcooked as yesterday. I trimmed of the fats and ate them like biscuits...hehehe. I like the sausage and yes, I couldn't resist the crackers and cheese...so much so I had second helpings, see below.


Today, I ate 1 miniature Chinese crullers, 1 miniature croissant and 1 danish pastry...all doused with dark chocolate, of course.
A glass of freshly blended carrot and orange juice to end my breakfast...Aaahhhh. Back to the suite for a short rest then off to the gym. Check out the gym.

 



 Pilates, anyone?

 Rocker57 hard at 'work'...hehehehe




 The other machine was not working, so I had to wait until Rocker57 completes his workout before I could start mine. We were the only ones in the gym...so nice, the whole gym all to ourselves...FYI, it was low peak season.




Ladies washroom was so clean and quiet I can literally hear myself think. I think even when I breathe, I could hear my own echo!!!! LOL.

It was huge!

After the sweats, we walked back to our junior suite to freshen up for lunch. 

We decided to have a laid back day and just enjoy Surin Beach area and its tiny township. Two rows of shops, minimarts & local food stalls stretched across both sides of the trunk road heading to Ayara Hillstop Resort and Spa from the airport way. Another smaller road near the beach leads to other hotels and resorts. That's about it.

We ate lunch at the Resort's coffee house just next to the pool. Rocker57 had fried rice while I drank my iced mocha.



While we were waiting for the food to arrive, the waiter sudddenly laid this platter on our table. We were the only guests there and we quickly denied having ordered the platter. The waiter said that it was complimentary from the hotel as we sat waiting for our main course to arrive....ooohhh...how thoughtful and sweet of them. See what we got?



 Here is the closed up shots of our complimentary platter just for waiting.



Similar to Wanton except that the skin is thicker and they added a sweet and sour sauce to add some tanginess in the food. 

It was delectable...and how would I know since there was only 1 of it? Obviously, I ate it, DUH! 

Freshly baked pretzels sticks, 3 types of bread with 4 different dips. 

In the end, instead of not eating, I ended up trying each item. The rolls were soft on the inside, hot and fluffy yet firm on the outside...a pleasure to indulge. The whole grain bread was also good. 


After that, we had to work out the starch by walking to the beach and later we headed to somewhere nice for tea-time!!! Aiyo...all you read is eat and eat and eat....Indeed! The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach, or so says an old adage...so true. But in my case, I think it is reverse. I'm putting on all those kilos and Rocker57 remains slim and tall....sigh, what to do? I guess I was born to be vertically challenged with a non stop oral input! There. I said it. Happy now?

Rocker57 loves a good cup of coffee. When we arrived on the first day, I chanced upon a cafe or bistro that serves Illy coffee. Obviously, we went in search of it. A slow 20 minutes walk from the Resort, we found Bocconcino.

It has multiple functions. Bocconcino serves as a cafe, mini supermart, frozen food as well as an ice cream parlour. They retail mainly imported stuff. It was really cozy and had a nice ambiance. I liked it very much. Clean, quiet and FOOD!!!











We had tiramisu for 80THB - the one featured in the glass bowl. 45 THB for the cannoncini  - the sausage looking thingy oozing with chocolate from the inside. And it was also 45THB for the bingne; the round bun with yellow 'lava' (custard) peeping out from the bun with its top sprinkled with powdered sugar. Verdict? It was so so good. Trust me when I say it was so so good...I am a hardcore glutton, remember?

For dinner, we again ate at the hotel. Again, we were served the bread platter with different appetizer. Here's a night shot of the pool.


We had Kueh teow ladna and Caesar salad for dinner. And a coconut drink each.




The salad was really good. Fresh veggies and lots of ham, turkey breast slices as well as bacon. This time, the bacon was cooked just right but there was only 1 slice, unfortunately. The chef decided to play Oink-oink teaser! Hahahaha.

The ladna was equally good but again, very Thai style - sweet! Hehehehe.

This resort is so thoughtful and detailed that if you are catching an early flight and cannot make it for breakfast (the breakfast venue opens at 6.30 - 10.30am) they serve it to you on-the-go! My very first experience of such superb service. See what they pack for their going away guests. A complete balanced diet. What more would you want, right?


And for those who has the back burner question...did she use the jacuzzi outside the bedroom? The answer is YES, twice!!! Hahaha....a picture as proof....hehehehe..


We had a really relaxing and memorable stay. Hope by reading it, you too enjoyed as much as we did. Until the next post.....

ROCK HARD, RIDE HARD!!! Ciao!




2 comments:

Pa Alisya said...

Thanks for the beautiful write-up; felt like we were there too.

Unknown said...

Pa Alisya - TQ for making my day!!! Hehehe...will put in more effort to improve my blog. Terima Kasih for the vote of confidence.