Sunday, May 19, 2013

Asia Bike, Sepang ~ 21 April 2013

At 8.45am, a group of over 20 bikers left Tesco in Taman Seremban Jaya; Seremban for Sepang International Circuit (SIC) to participate in the Asia Bike. It was an 11th hour decision as one of our biker friend; Johnnie called us to join in the night before. We re-grouped at the Petronas Petrol Station opposite the SIC as we waited for other bikers. About 30-40mins later....Vrooom Vrooom...all the bikers headed into SIC.
Waiting at Sepang Petronas for other bikers to arrive

Outside entrance to Sepang Internation Circuit (SIC)

View of SIC entrance.

Facade of SIC entrance

I took pix while bikers were waiting for group photo.


 This is my first & successful attempt to download video from my mobile!!! YAY!!! This old dog is still learning new tricks and proud to acknowledge that I am not IT savvy BUT am still willing to learn, albeit at a slower pace. Obviously, you'll see more of it in the near future.

Below are pictures inside the SIC. FYI, it's the first time I am setting foot in SIC compared to Rocker57 who has been there many times and was our unofficial guide :)

motorbike team in their respective assigned pit area

Starting point...participants walking towards grid positions.
Today is a memorable day for me. Nope! Not the Asia bike because quite frankly, we were there to 'create' the 'extra' crowd for the big bikes but basically to collect free T-shirt from the sponsor. Period. Women collect shoes & handbags while bikers collect T-shirts to 'show off' which event they've attended. hehehehe.... The event did not create much publicity hence the reason why the stands were bare. We left the scene after half an hour.

Picture below : This is the place where the late Italian superbiker Marco Simoncelli  passed away on 23 October 2011 during the MotoGP race. An erected monument was placed near the place the tragic accident occurred to commemorate the lost of a great biker and a good friend to many in the MotoGP world. I too like his affable nature and his afro-styled hair! Personally, I always thought to myself that a spider will certainly get lost for good in his huge bushy 'mane'!! Hehehee...

The late Marco Simoncelli.

 
Simoncelli was only 24. He will be missed by many. Incidentally, Misano World Circuit in Italy has been renamed in honour of the late Italian superbiker. Click here to learn more..   Misano renamed
(psssst...if you had been following my blogs, you'll realised that today I have uploaded videos and now able to link to other URLs....hehehehe...at 51, it's still great to learn something new daily, and continue I must says Yoda!)

The spot where the late Marco Simoncelli was honoured.

But the memorable part of today is that I was taken to a special site to witness where the planes land in KLIA!! YES, YES, YES...those huge planes were plying just 2-3 stories over our heads!! It was AWESOME to the max!!!

It was an awesome experience and one I'll remember for life because I'd always liked to watch planes land while Rocker57 prefers to watch them take off. Rocker57 and I are like cheese & chalk, remember? 

It was extremely hot and I wasn't able to see well in the intense heat. So, I only managed to capture a few shots plus we weren't allowed to be in the vicinity in the first place. Thanks to a certain friend, I see true action so close above me....exhilaration to the "ultra" maximum!! I can't reveal my source lest he gets arrested for trespassing and me for abetting. But seriously, we did not harm. Only harm was putting our lives at risk in case any untoward thing should happen. For the record, we did not trespass as we did ask the security guard guarding the area for permission to enter. We may be adventurous but we ain't trespassers....uh-uh..we ain't no trespassers. Period.




  
My amateur video of a plane landing at one of the landing strips in KLIA. The heat was so intense I couldn't see nor able to counter check if I actually caught it in film. Only much later I realised I did!! Only 8 seconds of it...sigh.






All pictures and videos were taken from my smartphone. My only regret is that they fly so fast and my slow fingers ain't no match to those mean machines. But the experience is.....*speechless*. And they come in to land every few minutes...hope I get to go again so I can catch better videos and snapshots.

You really have to be there to experience the euphoria I felt then. Just like the time I witnessed a rainbow in the sky enroute home from Osaka.....



Nice right? Do remember to catch me again when I share with you our May 1st - Labour's day ride. Stay tuned, folks.

Until the next blog....Fly high, Ride fast but always safety first! See you soon!
  

No comments: