Tuesday, January 15, 2013

F4, Subang Jaya Industrial Park.


U will have to interpret the Chinese Characters yourself.
Am very sure almost everyone on planet Earth (i.e. those who read the news, have access on FB/internet or sports) would know about F1 - Formula One to be precise. Ever heard of F4? Fret not, let me introduce you to one.

F4 is a 'fish head' restaurant - well that is according to the signage leading to the restaurant. So where is it? Strangely, it is situated within an industrial park! YES! You heard it right. Soooo, what is good?

Well, obviously their fish head, duh! They are served in different cooking styles eg Curry, soy sauce, Teo Chew or even garlic and ginger. Can't remember if there is also "assam" style. I've tried all and find the garlic & ginger style the best amongst the lot. 

Last Thursday on 10 Jan 2013, I brought along two of my close friends to F4. Haven't been to this place for a long spell and I had wanted to eat fish that particular day. I bounced the idea to my friends and they eagerly wanted to try out my suggestion. Errr...did I tell you I am also quite good at convincing people? Hehehehe....

F4 occupies two industrial lots. When we arrived at 12.20pm, more than 15 tables were already occupied. Service was prompt. By the time our dishes were served one at a time, the place was 3/4 filled and it wasn't even 1pm! Yes, it is that popular, in case you didn't know...well, now you know.

1st to arrive - Hokkien Mee.
The Hokkien Mee came piping hot & moist with dark soy sauce gravy. It was good. Tasty and not oily. Of course it can't be compared to the better ones I've had but in here...good enough.

One of my friends liked it very much. This noodle is served with mustard green, prawns, lard and meat. Sadly, they did not provide the sambal chili that complements this dish. As I was refraining from eating chili, I too failed to ask for the sambal...even just to sample how good the sambal chili is. Hmm....has it got to do with age? (AGAIN??? sigh!)

Next, came this :
"Pork rib King" in Marmite sauce
Pork rib 'king' is meatier and has no rib bone, so more meat to eat & easier too to bite. This was well marinated and the Marmite flavour wasn't too overwhelming, which was good, else entire dish would be reeking in Marmite alone. The honey glaced marmite ribs was fingers licking good.  Garnished with lettuce & chopped spring onions.

The next dish is....Drum roll pleaseeee because it needs a GRAND entrance. It's the...... 4 heavenly king or 'sei tai teen wong' in Cantonese. Rumour has it that it was named after the 4 heavenly king singers from Hong Kong; namely Aaron Kwok, Leon Lai, Andy Lau and Jacky Cheung. It's interesting how the Chinese chefs came up with these names for their dishes.


I strongly believe that it's origin is from Malaysia but I may be wrong. Why? This dish consists of brinjal/Okra, long beans, ladies finger and petai or 4 angle beans cooked with minced meat in spicy sambal belacan sauce. Firstly, Petai and sambal belacan are typically Malaysian, so....Hmmm....

Back to the dish! In spite of the miserable look, it was quite tasty, really. The veggies were crunchy, just a good spread of the spicy sambal belacan and not over powering. However, I would prefer it to be gravy-ish instead of dry.

Ta-daaaa...after a looooooong wait, mind you ~ had to remind the waitresses for our main intention of dinning there, we finally got our food. We ordered "Africa fish" literally translated from Cantonese, steamed in ginger and garlic. Here you go:

 
Don't ask me what is Africa fish... Remember? 

To me, all the fishes look alike! But if I'm not mistaken, it's Tilapia - fresh water fish.  Well, my two long term homemakers 'certified' the fish was very fresh! Ahem...see-see...my recommendations are indeed good. What I like is that the garlic and ginger sauce is not over powering. The combination was just right, ginger is spicy but not too hot. The garlic was not pungent but aromatic. And, the fresh fish emits no muddy freshwater smell. It was so delectable!!!
 
If you had been following my blogs, you would know by now that I always over indulge when I eat out. This time is no exception! Imaging 3 ladies consuming all the 4 dishes and 3 glasses of herbal tea and 1 Chinese tea. Obviously, we were all bulging in our seams after the good lunch. The cost? RM65.80 pretty reasonable, isn't it?

For the record, I did not eat dinner on Thursday! And I didn't burst any seams!  Hehehehe.... 
 
Here's where to locate the restaurant. 
                                            F4 fish head restaurant
                                      Lot 776, Sub lot 3, Jalan Subang 4
                                           Subang Jaya Industries Park
                                          47800 Subang Jaya, Selangor 
                                               Tel : 012 - 325 9111 
 
Sorry folks, no GPS latitude or longtitude cordinance. I am from the old school of thought. I strongly support 'mental GPS' which makes one more adaptable even if we loose/forget our GPS gadget! Or better yet, if you need directions, call me. Then, I get to eat for freeeeee... And if you have a good eating place to recommend me, let me know by dropping me a line or put them in the comments. TQ!


Well, till my next indulgence.... Here's me signing off : Let's eat & be merry. 

p.s. But do watch the waistline, exercise is a must!

4 comments:

cheekylaine said...

this place is so near my previous office. we go there for welcome lunches, CNY 'sau kong' makan (they have 8 course sets), lunch during monthly sales meetings, birthday celebrations and farewells - why because the price is reasonable, food considerably good, fast service and seat many on one table.

while i patron this place frequently with colleagues, I also patron this place with my family. Talking about tai chow this is a place my hubby likes to have a sit down chinese meal other than the other restaurants outside.

you should try their sotong fried with salted duck egg, volcano taufu or square taufu served with mince pork, their curru fish head is worth eating with just white rice too!

hmmm....hungry already :)

cheekylaine said...

Oh by the way if you want to make reservation you can call Desmond @ 6012-315 3891 as this place tend to get pack during peak hours!

Unknown said...

Thanks Cheekylaine for the feedback. I've also tried those you mentioned but due to cholesterol (borderline) I refrain from ordering the fried calamari in salted duck egg. FYI, the curry fish head at USJ4 is better ie same row as New Apollos next to 7 eleven :)

cheekylaine said...

really...hmmm...will check it out next time