Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lee Koon, Wok & Pan & Nadeje, Seremban & Melaka : 27 July 2012


Slightly past 8am, my daughter and I were off the door heading to Seremban. On the bike? No way Jose! In my new baby, of course. Just to test my baby on cruise & fast mode, also on a "jalan jalan cari makan" expedition. (literally, walk walk find food - well, you get the drift). First stop in Seremban is Lee Koon eatery in Jalan Zaaba (previously known as Hose Road).
Executive Chef of Lee Koon
If you find A&W & see King George V school, you are on the right track, drive straight along the one-way street. The eatery is about a 'javelin throw' ( must sync with the concurrent Olympics, right?!?!) away from the town's fire brigade.  Along both sides of the road, you will find rows of car accessories shops. If you sighted 7th Day Adventist church on your right (at a junction, you can't miss it), slow down to look for the eatery. ( located further down on the left).

Home made mee (yellow noodle), fish paste & variants
I originally had the picture of the outlet but I guessed I must have deleted it accidentally. Anyway, even if you dislike mee (or yellow noodle) you MUST try this. It doesn't leave an after taste of 'kan sui' or alkaline on your mouth. Furthermore, it is home made, not commercially available like other eateries. The noodle was served with a mixture of light & dark soya sauce, lard, braised minced pork & garnished with chopped spring onion. Simple yet tasty to the last strand! 
Next, the fish balls & paste are springy, meaty, a tad salty but not too salty and lots of fish paste as opposed to flour. Very generous with the fish meat, I must say. Soup is light and tasty. We lapped up the entire 2 sets of noodle and fishball soup & two cups of coffee. It set us back RM12 something. It was about 10.15am by the time we finished, sated & happy. First visit for my daughter and 5-6th time for me.
Next we visited my mom-in-law then headed to Melaka. Still full from the sumptuous breakfast, we went shopping. We only felt hungry by almost 3pm. So, we headed to Wok & Pan in Jalan PM4, Plaza Mahkota. The commercial area next to Mahkota Parade.


Interior of Wok & Pan
It was closing hour but was glad that they accommodated us. They open for lunch then takes a break from 3 to about 6 pm and reopens for dinner. I think it is 6pm as the schedule was vandalised.  I've been here on numerous occasions to closed shutters but was really lucky this time ~ at the nick of time. Gosh, guess my daughter brought me luck :)  
I ordered their signature dish ~ Honey BBQ pork ribs while my daughter tried their pork burger. Service was quick & efficient! After placing our order & I bought some parking coupons from them to be placed in the car parked a block away. By the time I returned after snapping some pictures of Wok & Pan's signage, VIOLA! Food was already served! My daughter was also amazed at the speed food was served. Or was it the fact that my short stumpy legs were slow? Hehehhee....Either way, it was fast. Period. Food verdict?
The pork burger was quite big in size and had just the right serving of fries & salad. The burger is topped with fresh sliced bombay onions, slices of cucumber & tomato, egg & lettuce & special sauce. The pork burger has chopped vegy inside and other ingredients which I didn't bother to check further because my OINK OINK is beckoning me to savour it. It seems to say "bite me, bite me pluzzzz". Afraid to embarrass my daughter with my drooling...I quickly went back to my plate. Overall, the pork burger is OK but I couldn't get a distinctive flavour but I do get a mix blast of flavours. Need to try it again next time to know exactly how it taste.... (lame excuse to eat there again...what did you expect from a glutton like me, eat and be merry ~~~ always!)


Pork Burger. Note: tomato sauce placed by hungry patron - my daughter!!

Midway through the meal. She ate everything except the bun!
 I heard so much of the Honey BBQ pork ribs, obviously my expectations was high. Boy was I NOT disappointed. The ribs were well marinated & grilled. The meat was succulent, soft and just melts in your mouth! No effort needed to tear away the meat from the ribs, simply superb! Best part of it, no porky smell! My daughter who is not an oink oink fan also admitted it was delicious!
I for one who always like to 'flood' my food with gravy decided (very rarely) to chow down my ribs as is and it was splendid bite on bite. The soft bone was so well cooked, you don't have to gnaw but just a few bites and it turns into bite size and easily swallowed! The serving size is just right and I will definitely go back for more as they have a wide spread of pasta, soup, lasagne & many others. We both had ice lemon tea. Our bill came to RM47. The ribs was RM23 but to me, worth every sen! 

The most tasty & succulent pork ribs I've eaten so far.

Notice how clean the rib is? Effortless.

Wok and Pan will be moving to a bigger premise come early September. Check them out! You will NOT regret your visit.


Walk across the road and abracadabra.....my favourite mille crepe cake, Nadeje! (Wok & Pan and Nadeje faces each other! For now until W&P moves to Melaka Raya 23) It has become an addiction to me. I seem to MUST visit Nadeje each time I'm in town! But this time it's good excuse because I'm bringing my daughter to let her try it fresh. The last time, I bought a whole cake but the choice of flavour was not to her liking. This time, she chose double chocolate mille crepe cake & a cup of cafe mocha. ( We shared as we just had lunch like 5 minutes ago! DUH!) And we ain't no monster that can chow down food anytime, OK???...We have limited capacity but could be extended if need be...now, that is the difference...Wakakakakaka.



Spoilt for choice!!!
Double Choc Nadeje Mille Crepe Cake - Heavenly!!

Superb cup of Cafe Mocha. Thick & Aromatic!
My daughter gave me a 'thumbs up' for both the cake & the coffee. Incidentally, apart from Rocker57, she is our other addict! Coffee addict, obviously! Hehehe...guess it does run in the family. Like they say, 'the apple doesn't fall far from the apple tree'.
Well, well, well....am glad my daughter had a great time shopping & on eating spree with me. And I, cherish the bonding and time spent together just me and my daughter....priceless! By the way, Nadeje has a redemption card. After every 10 stamps, you get a free slice of 'cake of the day'. Incidentally, the outlet in Dataran Pahlawan has moved to Mahkota Parade, near KFC :)    (hope my source gave the correct info)

If you have had experience at Wok & Pan or Nadeje, feel free to ink your comments. Or if you have other good eateries to recommend, also pen me a line or two, I will go check it out too. 

Apology for the orientation, you'll need to 'work at it'

I wrote two blogs on real estate recently & found that I had more readers when I wrote on my biking / eating expeditions....hehehehe...guess people do love to eat, huh? In any case, I will still share on real estate periodically in between my "binge" escapades. 

Stay tuned. Till my next blog... Stay healthy and happy!


2 comments:

sam said...

no pic of the new baby? the cakes... slurp.

Unknown said...

Sam - new baby posted in FB last month & deleted the next day. Will give u 'private' viewing in email :)