Monday, January 3, 2011

The year that was-2010

2010 was a mixed year for me. Despite year long of challenges & disappointments in real estate business transactions, mood swings and lack of proper sleep due to pre-menopause, rocker57's key hole surgery the rest of it turned out better than I had expected.
What I cherished of 2010 - Spent lots of time bonding with rocker57 and our adolescent kids, traveled a fair bit (land,sea and air), started a blog, found & rekindled friendship with long lost schoolmates (after 3 long decades!), partied & networked with friends & relatives. I've also attended Deep Purple concert, Songs from ABBA by Arrival from Sweden concert apart from lots of motor riding trips with beloved rocker57.
I've also indulged and pampered myself with monthly mani & pedicures, facials and massages. It was a pleasure that I couldn't enjoy when I was gainfully employed. I basked in the pleasures of leisure and thoroughly enjoyed it with strong support from rocker57, of course! I enjoy it so much sometimes I'm even jealous and envy of myself!!!
I've also embarked on a slimmer me by exercising, dieting and of course a slimming centre to assist me :)  Though the results are slow, process trying and money wise poorer, I'm pleased with my achievements and proud that I'm at least a size or a size and a half smaller then I was in 2009!!
Another thing I relish in 2010 was improving my overall appearance. I take time to make myself more presentable by putting on make up, dressing up (i.e. buying new clothes & shoes) and spending time pampering myself. It was AWESOME!! And, I would want to continue doing it because I enjoy the compliments I get and most importantly, it makes me happy and I feel healthy!
It gets me thinking, I may not have made much money in 2010 but I've gained so much in return, its a blessing and I treasure those moments. 
Looking forward to 2011, I want to live my life pretty much the same as 2010 but perhaps with more vigour and power in my real estate business, more time with loved ones, work harder at achieving my ideal weight, stay happy and spontaneous and live life to the fullest!!

No comments: