Monday, April 15, 2013

Kensington & La Roasteria, Seremban : 25 Jan 2013



What is this? *Picture 1*
It was a day I ate,drank & laughed with my two buddies from Seremban. It was an impromptu meeting but we made the best of what we had. We'd arranged to meet at Kensington Restaurant in Oakland for lunch. It's easy to get there. Take the first right junction immediately after Columbia Hospital (on your right). Drive 400m ahead, on your left is Kensington with their lilac coloured signboard (picture below). I know Kensington also have another outlet in Era Square but I've never been there. Ample parking space available, so fret not.



First thing first, I had to order one of my favourite dish...(picture 1)...aromatic crispy duck. Mind you, I for one do not eat duck meat. The only other time that I really did eat duck meat was when I ate Peking Duck in Beijing back in 1995. When I was first introduced to this dish here a few years ago (recommended by my two buddies- of course!), I was shocked! Hey...where is the duck? Later, I was to learn that it is really crispy shredded duck meat....ahhh...."say so-lah"..."SO-Lah!"

The meat is to be enveloped together with cucumber, spring onions & dark sauce wrapped in a fresh leaf of lettuce. Put a good spread of the dark salty yet sweet sauce after you have placed all the ingredients onto the lettuce. Wrap and eat it with your hands! You'll get to savour the salty yet crispy duck meat, a burst of fresh lettuce, the sweetness of the sauce followed by the juicy cucumber & a slight pungy-ness from a small sprig of spring onion. The bite just overwhelms your taste buds and brings a sudden joy to the diner...me! The only set back for me is the sweetness of the sauce (trying to cut down on sweet stuff..the sauce is too sweet for my taste buds). Apart from that, I relish the full flavour of the dish. It's finger licking goooood!

Vegy broth! Very good!!! 
Prior to that, I had the best vegy broth! It was thick, rich in flavour with good servings of vegy like broccoli, carrot & cauliflower. Next, my other favourite....Ta-daaaaa!!!!

baked cheese oyster
The fresh oyster blends well with their secret baked cheese recipe mix. The oyster remains moist and baked just right! Perfecto! 

While waiting, we also had garlic bread...a good portion given ..like the size of my palm! Good when eaten hot.

 
And then, we had spicy seafood pasta! It was spicy, tasty and served with mussels, scrimp & calamari with a sprinkle of chopped spring onions as decor. The dish provides a generous serving of gravy that is so delectable every mouthful.
 
 
Are the 3 of us done yet? No! If you don't know me now,...let me tell you...my menu always gets my friends bursting at their seams and this is no exception. The dish below is similar to cordon bleu, the name of this menu in Kensington slips my mind, but it is similar. The potato wedges & the black pepper sauce complements the meal very well. But as usual, by the time we had this dish....we were...excuse me "BLURP! BLURP". Needless to say, we couldn't finish this dish but we did justice by finishing 2/3 of it. Of course, a certain someone 'cheated' and did not eat her share! Else, we would have cleared all that we ordered.

 
Kensington Restaurant
619, Jalan Haruan 4/9
Oakland Park
Tel : 06- 632 4851  

So, time to leave? Yes but the end is far from over. We adjourned to La Roasteria in S2 or Seremban 2 for coffee and cakes :)

Err....Yes, yes....we were full from lunch. But seriously, who can say no coffee and cakes? Right? Right! 







THAT my dear readers, completed our lunch cum tea get together for 3 ladies! Incidentally, if you still do not know me...Rocker57 always tell me to my face "you eat like a man"....well, what can I say...I guess I was born with 4 stomachs! Mooooooo

La Roasteria (next to S2 Hotel)
69 Persiaran S2 B2
Seremban 2

Seremban.

The building is supposedly a one stop centre of sorts. A first in Seremban, I think. This was shared to me by one of the owners. It consists of a cafe, hair salon, a manicure center, a gym on the first floor and apparently an in-house doctor to do botox or something similar in the making! By the time I blog about it, the doctor would be practicing, I guess...

Well, till my next food adventure or riding adventure...stay tuned and stay healthy and happy always!!!

Ciao!  

No comments: