Monday, March 18, 2013

My 51st birthday poem





Today, I am half a century+1;
I know for sure I look better than I was when I was Forty+1;
Am definitely fitter and healthier than I was at Thirty+1;
But alas! Am about 20lbs heavier than I was at Twenty+1!

For 5 years now, no more office enemies or political colleagues to face during working days;
Not working anymore, so I have lesser back-stabbers day after day;
Now, I feel happy whenever I come "face-to-face" with my friends on FB everyday!
I now spend my time staying happy & counting my blessings everyday;

I may not have riches but I have good health, love, joy & happiness;
I may not have everything but am blessed I have shelter, food, clothings & blissfulness;
I may not be your perfect friend, but I do have a loving, caring heart that lasts and lasts;
I may be eclectic, nutty and aloft, but I always mean well & just want everyone to have a blast.

50+1 years of life's trials & tribulations I have faced;
Don't think there is much I now cannot face,
I thank my enemies, friends, & family for everything that has happened in my life today;
For every word & action has turned me into what I am today;

I look forward to many more happy, joyful and healthy years ahead;
Hope Alzheimer & dementia will not come and 'attack' my head;
If that dreadful sickness should come pay me a 'visit'
I know for sure, "That's it, I've had it!"

But having this poem in mind; (that is if I still remember by then)
I know I have lived life in my heart, soul and mind
Being 51 is just the beginning of many more fun, happy things to come
Bring it on, pile it up! Am ready for another 51 happy years to come!!!

Happy Happy Birthday, Sherine! 

U have lived a fruitful & blessed life. 

Stay Happy and live life full! Have a happy 50+1!!! 

YYYaaaaaYYYY!!!

2 comments:

Julian.Excel said...

happy belated birthday. Loved the poem. So true for many of us. hope you got a new super bike as a present

Unknown said...

Thanks Julian.Excel! I got an iPhone 5 and a trip to Japan!!!! YAY YAY YAY.