Friday, September 2, 2011

JULY 22, IPOH (2D/1N) TRIP ON ZACBOY

This blog is not so much of our ride to Ipoh. I had forgotten to blog about it upon our return but I seriously wanted to write about it, more so because of the hotel that we stayed in when we were there. Most of the time, Rocker57 will booked us at Heritage Hotel, but this time as we will be meeting his biking 'kakis' in the evening, so we decided to stay at the same hotel where these bikers used to stay - Ritz Garden Hotel, a frisbee/ boomerang throw away from the police station! Psst...if you wish to stay here, stay at the new block...check below to find out why. We were unfortunately placed at the older block which again, will be our first and last time.
I met for the first time Rocker57's biking mates - Mervyn, Kumar and Karuna. Meryn rides a tracker (similar to a dirt /mountain bike but this has dual purpose, both on the road & mountain). Kumar vrooms on a Vulcan (NOooo...not the one from Star Trek...this is a motorbike, duh!!) while Karuna speeds on a Kawasaki Versys. I don't fancy this bike because it is naked!! (NOooo...not literally obviously), but because it doesn't have a fairing...ahem, fairing I've learned is the covering that embodies the bike... I love bikes with fairing...makes them looked 'dressed' and has the "you complete me' look :)   FYI, I also do not fancy the tracker....looks like a toy, to me!! Doesn't give me the Vroooooom power look.
We met at 6pm for dinner, gathered at the lobby (Rocker57, Mervyn, Kumar & I) while we waited for local biker Karuna to join us. We decided to eat at the famous LOU WONG chicken & beansprout restaurant which was a mere 15 mins walk from the hotel. It's actually ten minutes, but because of my short stretch (you do know that I'm vertically challenged, don't you?) all the guys had to back tracked just so I could stay intact with the group!! Hehehehe....chivalry is still ALIVE!!!
Bowl of noodles, chicken & beansprout
I like Ipoh beans sprouts. They look just like me!! Short, crunchy & succulent!! (the former is akin to me, the rest...well, you'll have to kill & cook me first to find out if I'm crunchy & succulent!). The chicken was steamed cooked just right with a generous splash of soy sauce, a few good sprinkle of pulverized pepper, a few dashes of sesame oil & dressed with spring onions & slice red chilli for decor. The noodle soup is simple yet tasty to the last drop. The noodles are smooth, soft yet springy to the bite. It is rumoured that the spring waters in Ipoh makes the beansprouts and noodles tastier than others. Hmmmm....and the gals in Ipoh have great complexion too, haven't you noticed already??? If not, please go check them out!!! Don't say I didn't tell you, ya.
After dinner, we adjourned to Euro pub (same owner with Ritz Gdn) for a pint each. Then, we went back to the new Ritz Garden apartment block for our second pint. It was here that I saw the stark difference, the old vs the new. The new block has a pool with a bar, a snooker table & a miniature cinema!! Yes, a cinema that can seat about 30 pax, I think. Cool isn't it? I thought it is and even took pix for you as proof, hehehehe...

Pool table. Cinema door is btwn posters in the middle!


Who would have thought a hotel in Ipoh to incorporate this inside its hotel. Genius. To enter? Simple, just scan your room card & it is FREE!!!


I also took a pix of the gang for this blog. And yes, I had permission to post it. Until the next blog, stay happy and live life full!

From  Left : Mervyn, Karuna, Rocker57 & Kumar


               

Ritz Gdn Cinema!!

No comments: