Tuesday, September 14, 2010

CAMERON HIGHLANDS

The ride to Cameron Highlands was memorable. How so? Firstly, it's been over a decade since I last went. Secondly, maiden trip by bike and lastly, for the first time in my life I did not feel nausea nor did I vomit !!! I've always vomited whenever I visit Cameron Highlands, with this achievement, I must now conquer Fraser's Hill by bike!!!Hey, rocker57, are you ready to ride again???

We had a wet start to the day. 40km from Subang, it started to rain. We took shelter under the fly over. Rocker57 was happy enough to snap a pix for my blog..also time to wrap our luggage in water resistance covers. (the pix proves that he ain't no photographer...well at least I still had my head on...those days, we used to get our heads sliced off!!!)

We took a short break at Slim River to refuel as well as to have a brekkie. The food was appalling, obviously we didn't finish our roti canai telor nor coffee. It took us just 3hrs from Subang inclusive of brekkie to reach Brinchang. The weather was just nice approx 23 degrees Celsius. Though it was only 11.30am, we decided to have lunch. I ordered Tom Yam seafood meehoon soup while rocker57 requested for garlic Naan and Tandoori. The Soup was good but the ingredients were negligible, mostly frozen stuff and 4 pieces of prawns. But the Naan and Tandoori was very good. if you want to savour the Naan, check out Restoran Sri Brinchang, located next to Starbucks.
Restoran Sri Brinchang

With nothing else to do, we while away sipping blended juice & double espresso at Starbucks. We watched a few 'kapcai" (Honda cubs) convoy zipping around the main road showing their patriotism with 'jalur gemilang' strapped behind their bikes. It was afterall Hari Merdeka.....Happy Merdeka Malaysia!!!

Later, we checked into Equatorial Hotel and was pleasantly surprised to have our room upgraded to deluxe due to low occupancy rate amidst pre Hari Raya Aidil Fitri. We were given the highest floor and what a sight to behold. The weather was great and the scenery just splendid. What would one ask for.....open the balcony sliding doors and let the fresh air in!
                             
(view from EQ hotel, 13th floor 1600+ ft abv sea level)

Apology for the lack of technicality with uploading of pix....just can't seem to place them side by side. But I simply adore these Tudor apartments surrounding the 13 storey EQ hotel. Stayed there the last time we were there, it comes fully furnished with 2-3 rooms, can't remember much....age showing prominently...hehehe...

Well, catch me next time for more blogs on my trip to Cameron Highlands and Ipoh...coming up next. Cheers and have a pleasant week ahead!







       

No comments: